FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Jimbok3
I have N. Inermis seeds that I'm planting, I was wondering if anyone has grown them, and if you could provide some info on care. Thanks!! :D
By pretty
I'm just posting to track this thread! I just planted my n. inermis.

Update us on them since it's been a month?

What set up are u using?
By snapperhead51
the N.inermis
is high land plant , there fore need good sun but coolish nights and day temps should be around 20c for a good growth result , using live shpag moss or sphag perlite and some peat mix with help the plant grow better as well , using live sphag moss helps a lot as if u can get the sphag moss to grow in the pot then you know your nep high land will as well , pic's below of small part of my green house will help to show what i mean
J
Attachments:
P1150413.JPG
P1150413.JPG (188.61 KiB) Viewed 3721 times
P1150408.JPG
P1150408.JPG (175.33 KiB) Viewed 3721 times
snapperhead51 liked this
By Jimbok3
pretty wrote:I'm just posting to track this thread! I just planted my n. inermis.

Update us on them since it's been a month?

What set up are u using?
The seeds arrived on 11/27/12, I was posting this to get some info before the seeds arrived (shipping from the Czech Republic takes a while :lol: ). A few of the seeds appear to have have germinated, it apears to be the first root, but I can't find my magnifying visor to verify if it is a root. I don't have the seeds in my usual germination setup, my usual setup involves high humidity and 24 hours of light under a standard desk lamp. When the plants do start growing I will be using an ultrasonic mister to help keep the temps down and humidity up. All my plants are in my room (except for my dormant plants they are in the garage until spring), I also have 8 fish tanks in my room, so humidity is not to low but temps fluctuate at night since all the lights are off and I have a fan circulating the air. My lows are around 64F and highs are 72 -74F, but the ultrasonic mister is not hooked up. I do have a young Heliamphora that is doing well in it's current conditions and the N. inermis will join it under the LED panel.
By Jimbok3
snapperhead51 wrote:the N.inermis
is high land plant , there fore need good sun but coolish nights and day temps should be around 20c for a good growth result , using live shpag moss or sphag perlite and some peat mix with help the plant grow better as well , using live sphag moss helps a lot as if u can get the sphag moss to grow in the pot then you know your nep high land will as well , pic's below of small part of my green house will help to show what i mean
J
I have a lot of sphagnum moss in a small goldfish bowl, it is under the 24 hour light for the germination setup. And thanks for the tips and pics, when I saw inermis I knew it was highland but had to have it! Can't you tell I have great impulse control :lol:
By pretty
Have you been able to verify if they have rooted? I think I've lost my seeds to alge and mold (yesss, aaaagain, I know, but I took all the precautions rinsing, not too wet, ect I just suck at being a new grower)
But I haven't thrown out the pot. Still have it under the lights, 16/8hr. My drosera mixed seeds have sprouted tho :D
By Jimbok3
no germination yet (it's driving me nuts :lol: ) I'm moving the pots to my germination set up, there is finally room for the pots now that the sundew seedlings have been hardened off. Hopefully I will get results soon.
By Jimbok3
I'm hope they won't take to long, but I can wait. I have some rare aloe polyphylla seeds that have been soaking for over a month and one of them appears to have a tiny root forming, but It may be wishful thinking :lol:

still growing, inside pitcher still looks OK hopin[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!