The Latin name Pinguicula literally means “little greasy one”. While I don’t think that does justice to these beautiful rosettes, the mucilage that coats their leaves does rather look and feel like grease. Well, that is enough Latin for today, on to the contest. This month we want to see your butterworts. Plants or flowers, either (or both) is fine.
So here are the rules:
1. You can submit 1 photograph for this contest.
2. It must be your own picture.
3. Pictures shared in previous contests are not eligible.
4. Minimally edited photos only. No effects, or filters. Cropping is okay.
5. The winner will be the entry with the highest number of thumbs up (likes) votes.
6. Only votes from members with at least 5 posts will count.
7. Members who have won within the past three months are not eligible for prizes but you can still enter.
8. This contest is open internationally, although there will be an alternate prizes for international winners.
Our prize this month from The Flytrap Store is a Gap Teeth Flytrap.
From The Flytrap Store website:
"Gap Teeth" is a Venus flytrap cultivar named for the space between its teeth which is often wider than the average Venus flytrap. "Gap Teeth" is capable of getting beautiful red trap interiors and has a very nice trap shape.@Matt added "It isn't the most notable looking flytrap but it does get good coloration and has interesting looking traps."
So start snapping pictures of your little greasers!