FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By jht-union
Sounds like the stratification work, and that looks like germination!!!!!!!!!

First of all i want to thank John(snapperhead) for sending drosera tuber seeds to me, some of you know him, he's the one with all the beautiful, impressive CP's specailly nepenthes that you could think of.

They were really fast at germinating(if they did germinate)(i know this seeds can take a while to germinate), i was actually expecting them to germinate in october 2011, and so far, the results are good, i will try to get this babies established before spring comes so that they can create the tubers things in their roots, if they don't do it fast in this 3 months( january, february, part of march), they might died, so wish me luck with them, and i hope they can grow their tubers by the end of february! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

D. auriculata Adelaide Hills:

d. macrantha ssp planchonii:

D. whitakeri: No results yet :(

,,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NEW UPDATES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,,

still no D.whitakeri germination :(, sounds like they want to germinate next winter :(, i am very pleased with the results, i did not expect to see that many germination today, so, pat on the back jht-union!, and john, how do they germinate then?, i was curious last time but forgot to ask. Thanks! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by jht-union on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By jht-union
snapperhead51 wrote:ok cool as man it looks like it ,interesting !! not seen them germinate like this before so keep me posted ok they certainty look different :mrgreen: good work ;)
J
Hope they grow fast then, i will give them more light so they can go through photosynthesis more, and they will grow fast! :D
By snapperhead51
JHT
D.whittakeii are or can be quite hard to get going some times , if the strat time was not long enough for it , but will pop up next year even or may be just a later now , no real set pattern for them , its usually rain and temp here in the wild and home so see what happens
J
By jht-union
snapperhead51 wrote:JHT
D.whittakeii are or can be quite hard to get going some times , if the strat time was not long enough for it , but will pop up next year even or may be just a later now , no real set pattern for them , its usually rain and temp here in the wild and home so see what happens
J
Thanks john, i hope they do germinate, about a week ago there was just 2 seeds germinating, when i look yesterday there were a lot this time, the pics are from yesterday, so that means that they are all starting to germinate, hopefully the D.whittakerii will germinate along with the rest of their sisters and brothers, if not, then another year will come! :D
By jht-union
bananaman wrote:Cool!
I had tried germinating D. arctricula but they never sprouted, even after 3 years.
sorry to hear that, you should try again!, and 3 years, wow, this seeds really can take long to germinate.
jht-union liked this
By jht-union
dantt99 wrote:Wow you've got lots of germination :D Shows a good grower :)

BTW I put up some pics for you to look at :D
Thank you, i have comment on your post, also i don't think germination shows a good grower, germination just shows part of the job, keeping the seedlings alive is an issue, that will show a really good grower, my drosera seedlings, and vft seedlings have show me that i am a good grower!!!! ;) (so far) :)

but thanks!! :mrgreen:
By dantt99
lol, I guess you're right, in the long run if you germinate seeds and then kill seedlings, it's pointless :(. And thanks for looking at the pic thread and the wise knowledge about seed :)
dantt99 liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!