FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Grey
Welcome to the List of Online Carnivorous Plant Suppliers - built by members of our beloved Flytrapcare.com community! As the name suggests, this list contains a variety of online stores across the globe that have been used and reviewed by our members. Each entry has a stock list (where possible) as well as a rating from 1 to 10 (1 = worst, 10 = best; unrated stores have question marks "?" instead of numbers); the rating system is divided into two parts, the first number is the average rating of the store and the second tells you how many people have rated it. (Please be aware that this number will not always be the same as the number of reviews posted.)

The list is closed to new contributions, this means that I am currently not able to frequently update the list. You are still welcome to send in a review or new shop by sending me a private message using the below format, but I cannot guarantee if/when this will make it onto the list.
If contributing a new store...
Please include the store's name, web address, region and a review (please see the next paragraph for guidelines). You can also rate the store if you wish, but this isn't mandatory. If you would like to include a stock list (again, this is not mandatory) please let me know and I'll send you the check list. Contributions that do not follow these guidelines will not be posted. Please be aware that we do not accept listings for Amazon stores or eBay sellers and out of respect for Matt and Leah's livelihoods, we will not be posting stores that offer a large selection of Venus fly traps. Please also keep the Flytrapcare.com Rules in mind before contributing.

If contributing a new review...
Please let me know exactly which store your review pertains to, and include a rating if you wish. Please be keep your review concise (i.e in one paragraph) and do not use emoticons or pictures. Please be aware that your review may be cut down if it is quite long (and combined into one paragraph if lots of line-breaks are used), but the context will not be changed. You can request that your review be posted anonymously, but please make this clear in your message, otherwise your username will be posted as well. If you would like your review removed at a later date, please feel free to PM me at the time and I'll do that for you.
Please be aware that I have somewhat retired from the forum and so there may be a delay in getting back to you.

A massive THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed to the list so far! We really appreciate the time and effort you've taken to bring these stores and your thoughts to our attention. You can find the fruits of your endeavours in the next post. The regions we currently cover are: Australia (AUS), Canada (CAN), European Union (EU), United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (USA). We are eagerly awaiting more stores particularly for Australia, Canada and other regions such as India!

If you spot any errors in spelling, links or have any other questions/concerns in general, please feel free to message me privately.

Disclaimer:
The List of Online Carnivorous Plant Suppliers has, since its initial construction in 2011, been a resource developed for and by the members of the FlyTrapCare.com forums. While the administrator(s) of the list performs some checks to ensure the legitimacy of each new store entry, the safe and continued business for each listing cannot be guaranteed by either the administrator(s) of the resource or any other Moderator or Administrator of the forum as a whole.

Any doubts or concerns about specific entries should be directed to Grey immediately, with Matt included as an additional recipient of any and all messages of this nature. Concerns about the legitimacy of an entry will be investigated by the list administrator(s) as thoroughly as is reasonably possible given their location and financial limitations.

By using this resource, you acknowledge that the administrator(s) of the list has taken reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of the FlyTrapCare.com forum members and their personal details, but that such precautions and power is limited to the confines of the forum itself. You acknowledge and accept that, upon leaving the bounds of the forum, you are then responsible for careful and mindful use of your personal details on the websites listed.
Last edited by Grey on Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 15 times in total.
By Grey
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The List of Online Carnivorous Plant Suppliers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Australia (AUS)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(10/1) Exotica Plants - Heliamphora, Nepenthes (highland, intermediate, lowland)
Contributed by neplover101: Very nice nepenthes site. Some great hybrids, low prices and come in perfect condition. The plants are generally very large. Also some hybrids that are not sold anywhere else!!! Apparently they are the world leaders in nepenthes hybridisation, and im sure that anyone who has ordered from them will agree! Great plants and sevice, very, very fast shipping, low prices for great plants and the plants come in perfect condition. There are also always a couple of freebies in the nicely packed box.

(9/1) Triffid Park - Darlingtonia, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (pygmy, tropical, temperate), Heliamphora, Nepenthes (highland, lowland), Sarracenia, Utricularia (aquatic, epiphytic, terrestrial), various seed, growing media (pre-mixed, peat, perlite, other), various other items
Contributed by neplover101: Great service, plants are sent in very good condition and are packed very well. Boxes packed with newspaper and plastic to keep them safe. Plants are sent quickly and sufficiently. The plants have great prices and can be large. They have also got a couple of rare plants on there site. Eg. Nepenthes Lowii and Drosera Ramentacea.Overall there is great service and shipping and the post the plants very quickly.

Canada (CAN)
(8/1) Hawaiian Botanicals - Cephalotus, Darlingtonia, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (tropical, temperate), Heliamphora, Nepenthes (highland, intermediate, lowland), Pinguicula (Mexican, warm temperate), Sarracenia, Utricularia (terrestrial), growing media (pre-mixed, sphagnum moss)
Contributed by PeatMoss: This place has a nice selection of Nepenthes, along with a couple other CP's. They are the only internet ready supplier in Canada that sells Utricularia. They are also the only Borneo Exotics distributor in Canada. The plants arrive in very good shape! And they are of a good size, and certainly very healthy. I give them an 8 rather than a 9 because they use Biocontrol in their greenhouses rather than pesticides (a requirement of the DartFrog hobbyists that purchase from them) so if you don't spray the plants when they arrive, all sorts of pests flare up shortly.

European Union (EU)
(10/1) Best Carnivorous Plants (Czech Republic) - Aldrovanda, Cephalotus, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (pygmy, tropical, temperate), Drosophyllum, Genlisea, Heliamphora, Nepenthes (highland, lowland), Pinguicula (cold temperate, Mexican, warm temperate), Sarracenia, Utricularia (aquatic, epiphytic, terrestrial), various seed & hibernacula, growing media (sphagnum moss, other), various other items
Contributed by PeatMoss: I've participated in group orders from BCP, and the plants are fantastic. The bonus system is amazing. And the prices are quite low for the number of plants you get. I wish they would ship faster when you order!

(?/?) Carnivora EU - Aldrovanda, Byblis, Cephalotus, Darlingtonia, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (pygmy, temperate, tropical, tuberous), Drosophyllum, Genlisea, Heliamphora, Nepenthes (highland, intermediate, lowland), Pinguicula (cold temperate, Mexican, warm temperate), Sarracenia, Utricularia (aquatic, terrestrial), various seed & hibernacula, growing media (bark, peat, pre-mixed, sphagnum moss), various other items
Contributed by dimitar: Always is a pleasure to do business with them. Friendly and helpful guys.

(10/1) Carnivorous Plants Nursery (Hungary) - Aldrovanda, Darlingtonia, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (pygmy, temperate), Genlisea, Pinguicula (cold temperate, Mexican), Sarracenia, Utricularia (aquatic, terrestrial), various seed
Contributed by vaibhav: it is based in Hungary, they can ship Internationally . I have bought the CPs from them twice n it reached to my place(India) within 5 days.

(?/?) Cedric Carnivores (France) - Cephalotus, Darlingtonia, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (pygmy, sub-tropical, temperate), Heliamphora, Nepenthes (highland), Pinguicula (cold temperate), Sarracenia, Utricularia (epiphytic), growing media (pre-mixed, peat, perlite, sphagnum moss), various other items
Contributed by neville3970: I have purchased both sarracenia plants plus seeds from http://www.cedric-carnivores.fr/ and have been very happy with the plants if you are after seeds/grains cedric only holds a few varieties on his web site

(?/?) CZ Plants (Czech Republic) - Aldrovanda, Byblis, Cephalotus, Darlingtonia, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (pygmy, tropical, temperate), Genlisea, Heliamphora, Nepenthes (highland, intermediate, lowland), Pinguicula (cold temperate, Mexican, warm temperate), Sarracenia, Utricularia (aquatic, epiphytic, terrestrial), various seed & gemmae, clothes & clothing goodies, growing media (pre-mixed, peat, perlite, sphagnum moss, supersphag (dried sphagnum bricks), other), pots & planting containers, various other items
Contributed by dimitar: This one also hasn't disappointed me. Most of the plants that are offered are import from Borneo Exotics nursery. My N.rajah, Stenophylla, Vogelii and other Nep's are from there and they are doing very well.

(?/?) Mr. Jakub Štěpán’s Shop (Czech Republic) - Byblis, Drosera (pygmy, tropical, temperate), Utricularia (epiphytic, terrestrial), various gemmae, mixed plant collections, growing media (pre-mixed, peat, sphagnum moss, other), various other items
Contributed by IHaveNoIdea:E-shop of Mr. Jakub Štěpán. I ordered some seeds from there about 2 weeks ago. Extremely fast and cheap shipping. Good prices. It looks like he specializes on Drosera, because he offers really wide variety of them. But no Sarracenias or VFTs and just a few Pings. But he told me, that he is going to offer some VFTs soon, just the regular ones unfortunately. Gives some bonus seeds too. I'm not sure about the quality yet, because they haven't germinated yet. I'll make sure to tell you soon.

(?/?) Sarracenia CZ (Czech Republic) - Cephalotus, Darlingtonia, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (tropical, temperate), Genlisea, Heliamphora, Nepenthes (highland), Pinguicula (Mexican), Sarracenia, Utricularia (terrestrial), various seed, growing media (pre-mixed, perlite), pots & planting containers, various other items
Contributed by IHaveNoIdea:E-shop of Mr. Miroslav Srba. Large variety of CPs, especially Sarracenia a VFT. Great prices of Sarracenia plants, good prices of the other plants. All my CPs are ordered from here. Pretty fast shipping, plants sent in good condition, packed safely, not the best communication, but once mr. Srba reads his emails, he is willing to give you lots of advices. I even got about 50% more plants for free.

United Kingdom (UK)
(?/?) Hampshire Carnivorous Plants - Cephalotus, Darlingtonia, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (pygmy, tropical, temperate), Heliamphora, Nepenthes (highland), Pinguicula (Mexican, warm temperate), Sarracenia, Utricularia (epiphytic, terrestrial), CITES export permits, growing media (pre-mixed, peat, perlite, sphagnum moss, other), phytosanitary certificate, pots & planting containers, various other items
Contributed by Grey: I've purchased plants and sundries from Hampshire Carnivorous Plants a couple of times and have always been very satisfied with my purchases. Fast, cheap shipping and quality products - will definitely order from them again. I highly recommend their Pinguicula soil mix!
Contributed by Daniel_G: This is where i bought my first flytrap,t arrived quickly and in good condition,with a 2 flowers stalks on it,authough i havn't bought from them for a while

(?/?) Little Shop of Horrors - Cephalotus, Darlingtonia, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera ( tropical, temperate), Nepenthes (highland), Pinguicula (cold temperate), Sarracenia, Utricularia (epiphytic, terrestrial), various seed, CITES export permits, growing media (pre-mixed, supersphag), phytosanitary certificates, pots & planting containers
Contributed by Grey: I've shopped various times with the Little Shop of Horrors and I find them fantastic. Every plant I've received has been in superb condition and arrived in record time (usually 1-2 working days, although items are not sent out on Thursdays & Fridays). They have many collections up for grabs which is bound to save you money and the customer service is wonderful. Note: You can purchase shipping certificates to allow you to order from outside EU.
Contributed by Jaws: excellent service and packaged well, and they pick up the phone if you have an enquiry and its usually the owners who you speak to direct.
Contributed by Lyk: I ordered the 5lt bag of their Venus Flytrap/Sundew Compost. Soon after my order I got a mail saying that max shipping weight (with regular mail) to my country (Greece) was 2kg and that the 5lt bag of their mix weighted more. I after a couple of mails we decided on a slightly different mix 4:2:1 (peat:perlite:sand) which weighted about 2kg and was apprx 4+lt. Overall impression: I was happy with their communication/costumer service, they were kind and helpfull. Everything end up good.

(?/?) P&J Plants - Cephalotus, Darlingtonia, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (pygmy, tropical, temperate), Pinguicula (cold temperate, Mexican), Sarracenia, Utricularia (terrestrial), various seed, growing media (pre-mixed), pots & planting containers, various other items
Contributed by neville3970:I HAVE BOUGHT THE FOLLOWING PLANTS AND HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY WITH PLANTS AND PACKAGING, Cephalotus follicularis, Darlingtonia Californica, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera, Pinguicula, Utricularia, Sarracenia Species, Sarracenia Rare Form

(4/1) Plants-a-Float - Darlingtonia, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (tropical, temperate), Nepenthes (highland), Pinguicula (cold temperate), Sarracenia, Utricularia (terrestrial), growing media (pre-mixed, perlite, sphagnum moss, other), pots & planting containers, various other items
Contributed by Jaws: A site of mixed plant material for sale but a good carnivorous section, good service and again speedy delivery. I got my live spaghnum moss from there a while back, which you can buy in various quantities. (the moss was in excellent condition)
Contributed by stitz25b: amazing prices; i have ordered a capensis w/l form and its grown well but they are not packaged very well and the pygmys that i ordered were dead when i got them.

(8/1) Triffid Nurseries - Cephalotus, Darlingtonia, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (pygmy, tropical, temperate), Drosophyllum, Genlisea, Heliamphora, Nepenthes (highland), Pinguicula (cold temperate, Mexican), Sarracenia, Utricularia (aquati, terrestrial), various seed, clothes & clothing goodies, growing media (pre-mixed, peat), various other items
Contributed by Daniel_G: Nearly forgot these,i only bought seeds and soil but the customer service was wonderful and they kept in touch.

United States of America (USA)
(10/9) Flytrap Store - Cephalotus, Darlingtonia, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (tropical), Drosophyllum, Genlisea, Heliamphora, Sarracenia, various seed, clothes & clothing goodies, growing media (pre-mixed, sphagnum moss), pots & planting containers, various other items
Contributed by dantt99: I ordered Venus Fly Trap seeds from them in December, they came quickly and were packaged great!
I got my Cephalotus and my Sarracenia from FTS.
Cephalotus- was huge! With at least 30 pitchers. Fit the Young description. Packed very well
Sarracenia Leucophylla "Tarnok"- Came with 2 fairly mature pitchers zipped bare rooted in a Plastic Baggie, roots wrapped in paper towel. Very nice
Contributed by jht-union: I have bought several VFT's, Droseras, Sarracenias, and VFT Seeds, the quality of this products are a 100% guaranteed, i'm 100% satisfy with all the plants, seeds i have bought from matt or steve, the quality of the plants are excellent, matt & steve always sneak an extra plant when i have bougth from them!, the shipping is great, a little expensive sometimes, but is worth because the quality of the plants!, the plants are well pack, and the seeds are really protected in that tube when send. In overall the service was excellent
Contributed by dmagnan: Most of my plants have come from the flytrapcare store, and for good reason. Out of 7 plants, the longest I had to wait was 4 days between placing the order and receiving the plant (I live halfway across the country). Everything arrived in good condition and carefully packaged.
Contributed by bananaman: I ordered VFT seeds, and they came promptly, and they are now sprouting!
Contributed by sekler: I ordered back in october Darlingtonia seeds. They sprouted at pretty much a 100% rate after minimal to full stratification (I did two batches). Awesome quality and freshness, I'd definately buy again. The shipping was fast too.
Contributed by mraraz: I ordered from http://www.flytrapcare.com. The flytrap was delivered as advertised and is doing great. My kids love it and we are thinking about ordering more.
Contributed by inuyashlover21: Great service and fast shipping with the mystery box. All 3 plants made it in great shape. I thought for sure I would see some wilting since it was from west coast to east coast. I bought another mystery box from them. I personally will be shopping here again.
Contributed by EternitySmile: I've ordered a ton of VFTs from here. The shipping is fast, the interaction with Matt and Steve is great, and the plants are simply the best. If I could order all my plants from them I would, but sadly many of their varieties are out-of-stock due to demand. The only reason I docked the 1/2 point is in one order instead of one young Trichterfalle VFT, I got 5 tiny baby plants instead. I rather would've had a bigger plant, but more smaller ones is okay too! Would I order from here again? YES!
Contributed by bisnicks: Just received my first order from Flytrap Care Store, a Heliamphora Minor and was amazed at how good of condition the plant was in and how well packaged everything was. Shipping was quick too! I will order from here again!
Contributed by Zombie_walker: Ordered the Mystery Box: Just Fantastic. Fast Shipping, absolutely the best quality plants I've ever received. Much more plants and variety then I anticipated. Would recommend to buy here before anywhere else. Very generous and thoughtful sellers. Looking forward to ordering again :]

(10/1) Flytrap Store International - (all plants are tissue culture sales) Cephalotus, Dionaea muscipula, Heliamphora, various seed, clothes & clothing goodies, phytosanitary certificate, pots & planting containers, various other items
Contributed by Grey: I've ordered seed from FTS International a couple of times and have always been impressed with shipping speed, quality and quantity of the seed purchased. Germination has always been extremely high and the noticeable differences between even the smaller seedlings is a testimony to the cross-pollination of all the parent plants as well as general health; the seedlings have always been very strong.

(9.5/1) Barsch Tropicals - Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (pygmy, tropical, temperate), Nepenthes (highland), Pinguicula (Mexican, warm temperate), Sarracenia, pots & planting containers, various other items
Contributed by Aionios: I've ordered from Barsch recently and I was very pleased. They packaged my order pretty well and everything was intact traveling cross country. They were a tad slow to respond to emails but they were preoccupied with greenhouse problems during a heatwave. Totally understandable and they do make an effort to respond overall. I'd order from them again. I got a S. Schnell's Ghost and a S. x Black Widow.

(9/3) California Carnivores - Aldrovanda, Byblis, Cephalotus, Darlingtonia, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (pygmy, tropical, temperate), Drosophyllum, Genlisea, Heliamphora, Nepenthes (highland, lowland), Pinguicula (cold temperate, Mexican, warm temperate), Sarracenia, Utricularia (aquatic, terrestrial), various seed, growing media (pre-mixed, peat, perlite, sphagnum moss), pots & planting containers, various other items
Contributed by bananaman: As you probably know, it is run by Peter D'Amato, the author of the Savage Garden.
I bought a Nepenthes talangensis from them, and it arrived in perfect shape, without even a single slightly damaged leaf. They ship to the US. They ship quickly, and everything is packaged very well.
Contributed by EternitySmile: I've only ever ordered sundews from here, so it is somewhat difficult to compare them to the others. I've been happy with the sundews I received. I'll probably order a VFT at some point for the sake of comparison. Shipment of the order is pretty speedy, packaging is good (although it's somewhat difficult to free up the bareroot plants for potting). Would I order from here again? Yes, plants were pretty nice and I'm curious how their VFTs compare.

(?/?) Carnivorous Plant Nursery - Aldrovanda, Cephalotus, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (tropical, temperate), Genlisea, Heliamphora, Nepenthes (highland), Pinguicula (Mexican, warm temperate), Sarracenia, Utricularia (aquatic, terrestrial), various seed & gemmae, growing media (pre-mixed), pots & planting containers, various other items
Contributed by Ethologist: About a month ago I bought a couple plants from: Carnivorous Plant Nursery and ever since then I have been fighting multiple pests on the plants that I have been discovering as time goes on. I have never had any pests in my collection at any point, so I did not recognize the problem at first sight. On the two plants I bought there, the pests include: Spider mites, Scale, A whole bunch of small snails.

(10/1) Cascade Carnivores - Cephalotus, Darlingtonia, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (pygmy, tropical, temperate), Drosophyllum, Nepenthes (highland), Pinguicula (Mexican), Sarracenia, Utricularia (terrestrial), various seed & gemmae, growing media (pre-mixed, other), various other items
Contributed by Doomsday: I ordered from them and i give them 10/10. They sent me my bareroot p.agnata red leaf (i could only find it there) fast and safely packed and the owner, ron was always able rto ansdwer emails within a day in a very professional manner. Will order again.

(10/2) Conner's Carnivores - Dionaea muscipula, Sarracenia
Contributed by bananaman: They have tissue cultred the "true" B52 form a plant from von Henning. I have a B52 from them. They have excellent customer service and keep in touch for about 3 months after you get the plant. I had two other plants from them, that sadly i overwatered. They had thrown in one of them, a cupped trap, for free! GREAT SERVICE!
Contributed by Mannex: I just got a bare-root B52 flytrap from Connor's Carnivores and he was really friendly and helpful with the questions I asked him. The plant is potted up now and growing great and he even threw in two little baby "Southwest Giant" seedlings. I kept one for myself and gave one to a friend who's never owned a flytrap as a surprise (don't worry, he's smart and he knows what he's doing and now it's a race to see who can get the bigger one haha). Great price and shipping with secure packaging.

(10/1) CP Jungle - Byblis, Cephalotus, Darlingtonia, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (tropical, temperate), Heliamphora, Nepenthes (highland, intermediate, lowland), Sarracenia, growing media (peat, perlite, sphagnum moss, other), various other items
Contributed by bananaman: Membership is required for purchases, but it is free.
They are a distributor for Exotica Plants, Melanesia Tropicals, and Borneo Exotics. The plants are reasonably priced and they ship fast, if the plant is in stock. They mainly specialize in Nepenthes, which they have over 80 species of, but they also have plants of Cephalotus, Sarracenia, VFT's, Drosera, and Heliaphora. I have ordered from them, and the plant arrived in PERFECT shape with a 7.5" pitcher! The shipping took a while, because they needed to import it from Exotica Plants. I rate it 10!!! They have great customer service, and they have a service where you can reserve a plant, and you get it as soon as they get it. It deserves 100 stars out of a possible 10! This is a GREAT NURSERY! I WILL order from them again.

(10/1) CuriousPlant - Dionaea muscipula, Drosera, Heliamphora, Nepenthes (lowland), Pinguicula (Mexican), Sarracenia, growing media (pre-mixed), pots & planting containers, various other items, non-carnivorous plants
Contributed by Captainmoe: Alright you guys I found this great new shop that I think everyone should check out I've ordered from them a couple times now and I'm REALLY impressed with their service and their plants. Shipping only took 2 days and the plants came in perfectly packed and the sundews still had dew on them. Literally zero shipping shock. Their customer service is 100% on point and friendly, as well they answer you promptly about anything you need. Very impressed! So take some time and head over to http://curiousplant.com. You won't be disappointed!

(10/3) Drosera Gemmae - Cephalotus, Drosera (pygmy, tropical, temperate), Heliamphora, Nepenthes (highland) various seed & gemmae, growing media (pre-mixed, peat, perlite) various other items
Contributed by bananaman: It is run my Marius Vid, and I rate it 10 stars. They shipped the day I ordered, June 6th. They arrived today, June 9th. The gemmae were packaged very well, in a padded envelope with styrofoam. They were very cheap, and they responded very quickly to my e-mails. I asked them for help on which species to chose, and they replied quickly and were very kind and helpful. They are based in the USA, and they ship to the US and internationally.
Contributed by Idontkno23: Ordered a cephalotus medium sized from Drosera Gemmae and I couldn't of asked for more. They have a nice staff and replied to my emails when I had concerns about the plant being shipped to me while I was out of town. The plant was shipped the day after I ordered and arrived within 2 days as a very fair flowering sized plant, along with 2 new offshoots for only $25, complete with a mossy topping on the potting mix. Wouldn't hesitate to buy cephs from them again.
Contributed by Zombie_walker:Ordered 1 Small Cephalotus & Drosera Gemmae: Received the Cephalotus in 2 days looking fantastic, the gemmae arrived in 3 and I received a lot more than I expected. Packaging was professional and done well. The gemmae started to grow within a week and all are doing well. Definitely recommended if your looking for gemmae or Cephs, prices & shipping are cheap and the plants are well cared for.

(5/2) Hirt's Gardens - Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (tropical), Nepenthes (highland), Sarracenia, growing media (pre-mixed, other), pots & planting containers, various other items
Contributed by bisnicks: I'm actually near enough to this store that I can go in person. They do run eBay and Amazon stores online. I'm happy to have a carnivorous plant nursery close to me, however their prices are a little high. From my experience with them in person, they aren't very knowledgeable about the plants, however, it could have just been the employees I've dealt with. Plants are a little small. Being able to go to the store allows me to pick and choose the best plant which is nice, especially since their will sometimes be a sundew hitching a ride.
Contributed by bananaman: My first cp's were from them through amazon, and when they arrived, the N. ventricosa was like 1.5 " across, and dehydrated, the D. spatulata was also dehydrated and more like 1" across and the VFT I got was very light starved.I lost the VFT but was able to nurse the others back to health. They were not packaged well at all.Plus, the plants took forever to ship. I would NOT recommend them.

(10/1) Meadowview Biological Research Station - Aldrovanda, Cephalotus, Dionaea, Drosera, Nepenthes, Pinguicula, Sarracenia, growing media (peat, other), various other items
Contributed by Branmuffin: You receive a 50% discount if you donate to the organization once a year I believe ($25 minimum) which is a huge deal if you are buying a large amount of plants. Website says 1-3 weeks for shipping but my order was shipped in 1 business day. Plants arrived in great shape, bare root and dormant just as I expected. Smoking prices, but they likely run out of stock quickly. Shipping was slightly expensive at $13 but I believe it's flat rate or something similar and I had a small order. Highly recommend!

(9/4) Pet Flytrap - Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (tropical, temperate), Nepenthes (highland), Pinguicula (Mexican), Sarracenia, growing media (pre-mixed, sphagnum moss, other), pots & planting containers, various other items
Contributed by NepEnthusiast: I ordered from them and the plants come in very good shape.
Contributed by dmagnan: Got a cephalotus from them, exactly as advertised, extremely well packaged, great customer service. If I didn't get it on sale though it would have been expensive, even for the size of the plant I got.
Contributed by Steve_D: One small negative comment I have about PetFlytrap.com, which otherwise seems like a fairly reliable source, is that they are selling both "Big Jaws" and "B52" Venus Flytraps that are not clones of their parents but instead genetically different seed-produced plants. For example, none of the "B52" Venus Flytraps sold at PetFlytrap.com are actually B52, but instead are children of one or two B52 plants, genetically different from their parents. The same is true of "Big Jaws," the controversy surrounding which is detailed in other discussion threads here at the FlytrapCare.com Forum. So if a person buys a "Big Jaws" or "B52" from PetFlytrap.com, they are not getting a real Big Jaws or B52.
Contributed by EternitySmile: I ordered 2 Low Giant VFTs and 2 Big Mouth VFTs from them. They took their time shipping my order and did not return my eamils inquiring about my order status. They were easily the tiniest plants I received out of all the stores I've ordered from! One of the four plants looked in okay condition when I got them, two looked in okay condition, and one looked like it was in pretty bad condition with only three leaves left alive and only one of those with a living trap. HOWEVER, after being planted and settling in, all four plants are doing well now. They've all put up new growth and the Low Giants have started making some decent-sized traps for a plant of their size. Would I order from here again? Probably not, due to how small the plants were.
Contributed by Idontkno23: They have a nice variety of nepenthes. My experience with them shipping wise was not so great because of a dispute they had with the USDA/Exotica plants. Anyways, the plants that arrived were rather small but looked very healthy at the time and came in a decent potting mix.
Contributed by PetroleumJunkie412: Initially, I was very hesitant about ordering from PetFlyTrap because of past negative reviews concerning plant quality, customer service, and shipping issues. However, I ordered a Nepenthes x Suki from them, and couldn't be happier with the transaction and merchandise. They were reasonably quick to ship (within 48 hours) and packaged the plant so carefully that it experienced NO evidence of transportation; the plant arrived in better condition than if I had driven to a nursery and brought it home in my vehicle. Additionally, the plant experienced zero detectable sulking or transportation shock, and immediately began flourishing as soon as it was in my grow room (a new leaf every week to ten days, all with healthy tendrils), and did not lose its existing pitchers. I was so happy with the purchase that I bought a second. The first was listed as a 'small' and the plant I received was between a small and medium, and the second was listed as a 'medium' and was between a medium and large. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with PetFlyTrap, and give them my highest recommendation.

(10/3) Predatory Plants - Cephalotus, Darlingtonia, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (tropical, temperate), Heliamphora, Nepenthes (highland, intermediate, lowland), Pinguicula (Mexican, warm temperate), Sarracenia, various seed, growing media (pre-mixed, peat, perlite, other), pots & planting containers, various other items
Contributed by jht-union: I have only buy nepenthes from predatoryplants 1 time, the nepenthes were all great, and the seller threw in an extra nepenthes. The quality is excellent, shipping is really cheap, and the products are well packed. In overall the service was excellent.
Contributed by Siena: I ordered some different things from him (vft, soil and an indoor begginer set). There was a lot of good communication at first (we decided to wait to send the tropical plants as it was winter). However when I have communicated recently asking him to send the rest of the order, I got no confirmation, however I recieved the part of the order I asked for a week later. Good packeging, prices, and mostly good service.

(10/3) Sarracenia Northwest - Cephalotus, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera (pygmy, tropical, temperate), Heliamphora, Pinguicula (Mexican), Sarracenia, Utricularia (terrestrial), growing media (pre-mixed), pots & planting containers, various other items
Contributed by Mannex: Back in 2008 I received a huge order of tropical nepenthes, sundews, sarracenia, flytraps, and a nice pink ping from Sarracenia Northwest also known as CobraPlant.com and the care they took in packing them for shipping was phenomenal. I'd say every bit as good as California Carnivores at much better prices. The plants were all so protected and secured that it took me a very long time to un-tape and get them all ready for the windowsill, but when I finally got them all unpacked and opened they were absolutely beautiful. Top specimens. There was no shipping recovery time and they all were putting out growth immediately the next day. Their selection isn't as vast as it was when I ordered, but their stock changes all the time. If I'm looking for a certain plant I always check to see if they have it. I even bought their CD-rom ebook, but the "care sheets" they provide are so good you shouldn't need it unless you're doing more complicated things.
Contributed by Idontkno23: Excellent plants every time I have ordered from them, they follow a strict shipping schedule and make sure not to miss your order! Plants come well packaged and on time.

Contributed by Mannex: I have ordered from them twice and also visited the nursery during an open house last year since I live in the area. Their plants are healthy and very well-packaged. All the plants I have received from them went straight out into the sun with no signs of any ill effects from shipping. It can actually be a bit difficult to unpack them since they're protected so well. As noted by others they have a strict shipping schedule to minimize transit time. Prices seem on the high side to me, though the plants are very healthy and larger than you would receive from other nurseries so it's worth the extra cost.

Misc Resources
The stores above are free to use (except for the actual purchase of course) but there is a renowned site that has been highly recommended and used by various forumers that website is the International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS). There is a yearly subscription fee ($35 for the first year, $30 every year after) but you get access to their seed bank which is packed full of a variety of species. Thank you PeatMoss for pointing this out to us.
By Grey
List updated 24/10/2016 with new review and rating for PetFlyTrap.com; the overall rating has been updated to reflect this.

We are eager for new contributions, whether in the form of stores additions or reviews, please do get in touch if you want to contribute!
By Grey
New entry:

(10/1) Meadowview Biological Research Station - Aldrovanda, Cephalotus, Dionaea, Drosera, Nepenthes, Pinguicula, Sarracenia, growing media (peat, other), various other items
Contributed by Branmuffin: You receive a 50% discount if you donate to the organization once a year I believe ($25 minimum) which is a huge deal if you are buying a large amount of plants. Website says 1-3 weeks for shipping but my order was shipped in 1 business day. Plants arrived in great shape, bare root and dormant just as I expected. Smoking prices, but they likely run out of stock quickly. Shipping was slightly expensive at $13 but I believe it's flat rate or something similar and I had a small order. Highly recommend!

"Meadowview Biological Research Station invites you to visit our facility to buy plants, make donations, discuss conservation issues and volunteering, view the plants and wildlife, or to get an overview of our general operation."
By Grey
Good afternoon!

Since having to rehome the Pinguicula, I've decided to "retire" (in a manner of speaking) from Flytrapcare.com.

I will still receive notifications of any private messages sent to me, so this list will remain up and running. I am more than happy to continue to update it, so please keep sending in your experiences and newfound treasures, although there may be occasions when I am able to reply immediately, so please bear with me.

Many thanks!
By Grey
New entry:

(10/1) CuriousPlant - Dionaea muscipula, Drosera, Heliamphora, Nepenthes (lowland), Pinguicula (Mexican), Sarracenia, growing media (pre-mixed), pots & planting containers, various other items, non-carnivorous plants
Contributed by Captainmoe: Alright you guys I found this great new shop that I think everyone should check out I've ordered from them a couple times now and I'm REALLY impressed with their service and their plants. Shipping only took 2 days and the plants came in perfectly packed and the sundews still had dew on them. Literally zero shipping shock. Their customer service is 100% on point and friendly, as well they answer you promptly about anything you need. Very impressed! So take some time and head over to http://curiousplant.com. You won't be disappointed!
The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I r[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

SASE mailed thank you

Looking for a Cephalotus

A guy in a plant club I'm in said he had some Nepe[…]

AI Generated Nepenthes

Hey look, it's those oddly neon bonsai seeds for s[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!