FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss or post photos or images of drawings, paintings, sculptures or other art.

Moderator: Matt

By Grey
Hello community!

As the one who suggested this sub-forum I figured I should post something; the problem is I don't have a scanner so I'm coming to you with a different form of art -- poetry! I'd like to get everyone into the spirit of the new sub-forum by playing an on-topic game. The goal of this game is to flex our creative muscles and to create the longest poem about carnivorous plants in existance. Let's make this challenging by reaching 10 pages! Yes, you heard! Ten pages!

Here's how it works:
I will create two lines of a poem relating to carnivorous plants, the first person to post must make up the next line of the poem and so on and so forth. Everyone who posts MUST post another line to the poem.

Here are the rules:
~*Please keep the line of your poem tasteful -- no explicit or abusive language
~*The line you submit doesn't have to rhyme
~*You can only submit one line at a time, though you can continue the poem as many times as you like
~*No double posting: don't post twice just so you can get two lines in, let other people have a go
~*ONLY post if you have a line to submit!
~*Anything written in your post that is not related to the poem must be written in italics (this makes it easier for the next poster to see what is banter and what is poem)
~*A little banter never hurt but try to keep on-topic!
~*Most importantly: have fun!

At the end of the 10 pages (if we reach that mark, I hope we do) I'll combine all the lines you have submitted and add them to this post!

Are you ready? Don't leave me here looking like a fool, come and join in! Here are your first two lines:

Little trap, little trap
I tickle you and then you snap
Grey liked this
By Steve_D
You catch your lunch wth your strong grip
Beware buzz-things! This is a one way trip
It is not wise to cross this plant
Nor think it's hold on you may slip!

So I live in central Arkansas, and I want to grow […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Sundew in forest

So, I am very new to gardening (like, this is my f[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I would give it a bit more shade but it doesn't ne[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!