FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Greenthumbs Garden
quistes wrote:
Dr GreenThumb wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:49 pm Those cheap blurple lights I don't think are ever any good. Mars Hydro have some nice "cheap" pro grow lights available. I say cheap for what they are, I have the TS1000 and have been super happy with it, as they are wider you get much more growing space also to put more plants and they are full spectrum.
I never thought I needed one but now I have it I don't know what id do without it, so handy.
Do you think the TS600 will be sufficient? https://marshydro.eu/collections/ts-ser ... cts/ts-600
Yeah looks like a nice light to me for the price tag

Sent from Tapatalk

By murrkywaters
The main difference is that it doesn't have the dimmer. It works well for tropical drosera and sarracenia. It might be too much for some neps unless you have decent cooling and can raise the light up quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

By quistes
WELL WELL WELL

After almost 3 months of endless battles with Mars Hydro, I just quit on them. I live in a region of Spain where they don't ship anything, but they don't say it in their page. So I purchased it, they didn't sent it and then refused to give me my money back.

It did end well and got a refund, but the TS600/TS1000 got out of the equation, so I insted got this https://saltonverde.com/producto/bombil ... 00k-solux/

Power: 65W
Nominal voltage: 85-265V
Luminous Flux Lumens: 6500Lm
Rendering Index: 95Ra
Color temperature: 4000K
Dimensions: 105x305mm
Number of LED lights: 6
CFL to LED equivalence: 200-250 W (CFL) equals 65W (LED)

I think its quite nice and suitable for my needs, but I dont know close to the plants it must be. Between 25/30 cm (9/11 inches) should be good?
By h3r0
Not sure if you are still following but I am currently using the two piece/head one. I believe it is the same manufacturer.

Right now the plants seem ok though I have only had them for about a week and a half. Maybe I got lucky who knows.

Can I get a short summary on some of the issues people were seeing with using these lights? Genuinely curious as I was thinking about getting something else with a bit more punch
By quistes
Are you talking about the red and blue ones of the original post?

Btw, I can't be more happy with the Solux of my last post. My aliciae and capensis are in great condition and soon I'll try to propagate some of them through leaf cuttings in soil.
By h3r0
Yes, to the original post.

Good to hear the Solux worked out
By quistes
h3r0 wrote:Yes, to the original post.

Good to hear the Solux worked out
Oh, that's nice, if you get results with the blurple ones of the OP in a while, give us an update please!
By h3r0
Sorry for the late response but right now the plants looks pretty healthy. The VFT are being little finicky brats but I think that is due to my watering schedule. The capes are doing quite well and right now it is flowering (haven't decided what to do with that yet). Overall healthy plants with new sprouts regularly every 4 days (though it has slowed down a little probably due to the flowering). Responding well with foliage feeding 2x a week.

The reviews complain mainly about the timer not working for some but mine is working at 12hr interval.

IMG_5245.jpeg

So much work!!! I love it!

I should have it all ready to list in June, but we[…]

Tissue Culture Project 2023

I know it has been just over a year. If you are st[…]

andynorth's Grow/want list

Did anyone else take advantage of Matt's sale last[…]

CalCarn Hitchhiker

I was thinking Intermedia. They have a tendency to[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

I sent it in the mail yesterday

It isn't fully sealed, so it shouldn't be digestin[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!