FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Seith Snow
Hello Everyone,

I was curious as to how tall you all let your Nepenthes get before taking cuttings? I have one that is almost 6ft tall, she/he seems happy and pitchers with no problems. It was a Lowe’s save that has become my baby.

Thanks,
Seith
By Apollyon
Haha, I'm pretty sure 6 feet is large enough. I have a vining one that's grown over 4 feet tall that I need to take back. It's an interesting one.
By Apollyon
elaineo wrote:I am curious what size pot you use to hold a 6 foot nepenthes... or a 4 foot one, for that matter!
Mine is easier to manage. It grows up like a vine, similar to a philodendron and has about 1.5 - 2 inches between nodes. What I did was keep it in a 6 inch pot with some bamboo I tied together to create a totem of sorts. I'll be clipping it down to make cuttings for it. Wish I could keep a greenhouse in florida I'd let the thing grow wild inside along the perimeter or something crazy lol. What I plan on doing eventually is having 4 or so plants wrapped around a totem to create a more dense looking plant. Not sure what it'll end up looking like but I think it'll be cool. It's growing a basal now so I can wrap it instead of letting it grow straight
Last edited by Apollyon on Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
elaineo, Supercazzola liked this
Traps curling after closing/eating

Hi! My name is Erika, and I’m a newbie when […]

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!