FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By nousername
So I have a temperate sundew but I live in zone 10a which is too warm for drosera dormancy so will methods like refrigerator dormancy work and by the way the plant is under grow lights from 7 AM to 8PM PST.
Last edited by nousername on Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
By bananaman
nousername wrote:So I have a temperate sundew but I live in zone 10a which is too warm for drosera dormancy so will methods like refrigerator dormancy work
Where in zone 10a are you and what temperate sundew do you have? It doesn’t have to be terribly cold for them to go dormant and photoperiod cues definitely trigger dormancy. If you’re growing D. tracyi or D. filiformis var. floridana or D. intermedia from a southerly location, you could well be pretty fine. But if you’re growing the more northern sundews, you might need to do a fridge dormancy after letting photoperiod cues trigger it.
By nousername
I have a Drosera California Sunset and by the way the only bright area in our house is the the balcony which is not bright and our only windowsill is not very bright during the winter. I live in Northern (Bay Area) CA which is kind of warm.
Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!