FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Fly Trap Hunter
Fishkeeper wrote:Image
The ping is up above the deer skull. The wall is made of Hygrolon, a water-wicking mesh meant for growing epiphytic plants, over a layer of foam. The ping seems happy up there, and this is a species that often grows in moss on cliff faces in the wild. Pretty similar to this setup.

I found a snail and removed it, so hopefully that'll fix the problem, but I don't know if there are more snails. There hasn't been any further damage, so, if there are any more snails, they're eating elsewhere.
If i was a snail, id move right in. its perfect. and that ping looks tastey and im not even a snail. :lol:

i like all those forest plants as well. there is a house in greensboro, nc that has an (roughly 1000 sq ft)open air room in the middle of their house. umm no roof. they had tropicals in there mostly. and some giant banana trees. it was metal/glass and concrete house. looking back at it i probably shouldnt have tresspassed to look at that room. :roll:
By Fishkeeper
Yep. Plants love to grow on Hygrolon, it'll cover over within next year. The micro orchid on the left should cover most of that area, the vines and ferns will cover the right, and I'm hoping to cover that upper left area entirely in pings. It already has much more cover than it had in August.
It's really easy to care for, too. I keep the tray it's in full of distilled water, I mist it daily, and now and then I pour water from a shrimp aquarium onto everything except the pings for some ferts. Had a few things die back at first due to low humidity, but everything currently on there is doing well.
Hi from FNQ.

Welcome dude!!

hmm, should i flush them then let them dry?

Is your "grow area" lined with reflectiv[…]

Drosera seeds in water?

Ok. Thank you very much, everyone!

I'd like to see how normal traps look on that plan[…]

Hey everyone, I'm starting to sell the majority of[…]

Question about flytraps

They should not die, unless you do something extre[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!