FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nauz
SFLguy wrote:
Nauz wrote:
SFLguy wrote: This weekend, the USF botanical gardens is holding a plant festival and there will be multiple carnivorous plant vendors :)
Damn too bad I just went back to NC yesterday or I would have gone to it.
No worries, unfortunately the usual carnivorous plant vendor didn't go, someone had Nepenthes ventrata and someone else had Sarracenia flava and Sarracenia Judith Hindle
Still would of been cool to visit.
By ShellyBelly82
I went today and while it was great I was sad to see so few carnivorous plants! I did get a pot of Sarracenia but I am not sure which of the two earlier mentioned species I got.....any help? I have never had these before and I am excited to see how they grow in my care. Anyone know if I can split them as easily as nepenthes? Anyone know also if the Carnivorous vendor will be there tomorrow or if they're not in it at all this weekend? I'd make the trek again tomorrow if they're going to be there for sure. Traveling from Clearwater so I wouldnt go unless I knew for sure.

Michelle
Attachments:
12990920_10154075838992170_2021191265524491888_n.jpg
12990920_10154075838992170_2021191265524491888_n.jpg (66.75 KiB) Viewed 1954 times
By Nauz
ShellyBelly82 wrote:I went today and while it was great I was sad to see so few carnivorous plants! I did get a pot of Sarracenia but I am not sure which of the two earlier mentioned species I got.....any help? I have never had these before and I am excited to see how they grow in my care. Anyone know if I can split them as easily as nepenthes? Anyone know also if the Carnivorous vendor will be there tomorrow or if they're not in it at all this weekend? I'd make the trek again tomorrow if they're going to be there for sure. Traveling from Clearwater so I wouldnt go unless I knew for sure.

Michelle
Vary nice specimen Michelle, I can't help you on any advice with sarracenia because I don't grow any. But someday when I make room and expand I'll pick some up.

Chris
By SFLguy
ShellyBelly82 wrote:I went today and while it was great I was sad to see so few carnivorous plants! I did get a pot of Sarracenia but I am not sure which of the two earlier mentioned species I got.....any help? I have never had these before and I am excited to see how they grow in my care. Anyone know if I can split them as easily as nepenthes? Anyone know also if the Carnivorous vendor will be there tomorrow or if they're not in it at all this weekend? I'd make the trek again tomorrow if they're going to be there for sure. Traveling from Clearwater so I wouldnt go unless I knew for sure.

Michelle
That's Sarracenia flava, Sarracenia can generally be split very easily. I was told that the usual carnivorous plant vendor may be in Puerto Rico right now, so I don't think they'll be there tomorrow
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!