FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nauz
So I enjoy orchids and decided to visit a store here in Florida that has a ton of them. While walking around these nepenthes caught my eye.

So for the price on them where 25$ I don't buy nepenthes and this would be my first plants. I can for sure keep their conditions but any help with names would help. I also believe there is two types growing with about 5 stalks total.

ImageImageImage

Can I divide nepenthes?

Nauz
By Nauz
Leathal_Traps wrote:
Nauz wrote:
SerMuncherIV wrote:N. x ventrata.
The more abundant pitchers? What about the smaller one with hairs?

Thanks
Most likely also a ventrata
What about division now? Guess I could look it up and not be lazy.
By ShellyBelly82
Hi where in Florida are you from? I am interested in visiting the store you went to!
I have some pitchers I got local from Clearwater. One I got a Busch Gardens a year ago and the other I got from a store a few months ago. I have split both those little 6" pots into 7 total pots, two 6", four 10" and one 12" total. They're doing great. I cannot seem to find any good stores around here that carry them. Besides Busch Gardens, the little store I went to has just the same species every time and only 2 pots at a time. Not very extensive. I would love to try another species!

--Michelle
Attachments:
today 4-7-16 after a rainstorm
today 4-7-16 after a rainstorm
12920302_10154070037962170_8039967621533588546_n.jpg (99.38 KiB) Viewed 4336 times
one of my pots has grown so tall that i needed a trellis. May convert to stakes tho. 4-4-16
one of my pots has grown so tall that i needed a trellis. May convert to stakes tho. 4-4-16
11202093_10154061065962170_1110104108627465205_n.jpg (201.6 KiB) Viewed 4336 times
Just half of my collection. 11-15-2015
Just half of my collection. 11-15-2015
12190034_10153707053462170_6447572028840182497_n.jpg (114.17 KiB) Viewed 4336 times
By SFLguy
ShellyBelly82 wrote:Hi where in Florida are you from? I am interested in visiting the store you went to!
I have some pitchers I got local from Clearwater. One I got a Busch Gardens a year ago and the other I got from a store a few months ago. I have split both those little 6" pots into 7 total pots, two 6", four 10" and one 12" total. They're doing great. I cannot seem to find any good stores around here that carry them. Besides Busch Gardens, the little store I went to has just the same species every time and only 2 pots at a time. Not very extensive. I would love to try another species!

--Michelle
This weekend, the USF botanical gardens is holding a plant festival and there will be multiple carnivorous plant vendors :)
By Nauz
ShellyBelly82 wrote:Hi where in Florida are you from? I am interested in visiting the store you went to!

--Michelle
It was in west palm beach, they had just a few but sold a lot of orchids if you like those too. Think it was off north lake blv towards the beach. I was only on vacation visiting family since I'm stationed in another state.
By Nauz
SFLguy wrote:

--Michelle
This weekend, the USF botanical gardens is holding a plant festival and there will be multiple carnivorous plant vendors :)
Damn too bad I just went back to NC yesterday or I would have gone to it.
By SFLguy
Nauz wrote:
SFLguy wrote:

--Michelle
Damn too bad I just went back to NC yesterday or I would have gone to it.
No worries, unfortunately the usual carnivorous plant vendor didn't go, someone had Nepenthes ventrata and someone else had Sarracenia flava and Sarracenia Judith Hindle
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!