Picked these nepenthes up for 25$ at orchid store no idea of

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here
Nauz

Re: Picked these nepenthes up for 25$ at orchid store no ide

by Nauz » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:44 pm

SFLguy wrote:
Nauz wrote:
SFLguy wrote:[quote="ShellyBelly82"]Hi where in Florida are you from? I am interested in visiting the store you went to!
I have some pitchers I got local from Clearwater. One I got a Busch Gardens a year ago and the other I got from a store a few months ago. I have split both those little 6" pots into 7 total pots, two 6", four 10" and one 12" total. They're doing great. I cannot seem to find any good stores around here that carry them. Besides Busch Gardens, the little store I went to has just the same species every time and only 2 pots at a time. Not very extensive. I would love to try another species!

--Michelle

This weekend, the USF botanical gardens is holding a plant festival and there will be multiple carnivorous plant vendors :)

Damn too bad I just went back to NC yesterday or I would have gone to it.

No worries, unfortunately the usual carnivorous plant vendor didn't go, someone had Nepenthes ventrata and someone else had Sarracenia flava and Sarracenia Judith Hindle[/quote]

Still would of been cool to visit.

SFLguy

by SFLguy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:53 pm

Was definitely nice if you didn't mind the missing carnivores
[Insert motivational quote here]
Oh and here's The Growlist

Nauz

by Nauz » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:24 pm

SFLguy wrote:Was definitely nice if you didn't mind the missing carnivores

I really wanted to go see some Florida sars or sundews in their natural locations but the wife had other plans lol.

ShellyBelly82

by ShellyBelly82 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:50 am

I went today and while it was great I was sad to see so few carnivorous plants! I did get a pot of Sarracenia but I am not sure which of the two earlier mentioned species I got.....any help? I have never had these before and I am excited to see how they grow in my care. Anyone know if I can split them as easily as nepenthes? Anyone know also if the Carnivorous vendor will be there tomorrow or if they're not in it at all this weekend? I'd make the trek again tomorrow if they're going to be there for sure. Traveling from Clearwater so I wouldnt go unless I knew for sure.

Michelle
Attachments
12990920_10154075838992170_2021191265524491888_n.jpg
12990920_10154075838992170_2021191265524491888_n.jpg (67.33 KiB) Viewed 604 times

Nauz

by Nauz » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:20 am

ShellyBelly82 wrote:I went today and while it was great I was sad to see so few carnivorous plants! I did get a pot of Sarracenia but I am not sure which of the two earlier mentioned species I got.....any help? I have never had these before and I am excited to see how they grow in my care. Anyone know if I can split them as easily as nepenthes? Anyone know also if the Carnivorous vendor will be there tomorrow or if they're not in it at all this weekend? I'd make the trek again tomorrow if they're going to be there for sure. Traveling from Clearwater so I wouldnt go unless I knew for sure.

Michelle

Vary nice specimen Michelle, I can't help you on any advice with sarracenia because I don't grow any. But someday when I make room and expand I'll pick some up.

Chris

SFLguy

by SFLguy » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:08 am

ShellyBelly82 wrote:I went today and while it was great I was sad to see so few carnivorous plants! I did get a pot of Sarracenia but I am not sure which of the two earlier mentioned species I got.....any help? I have never had these before and I am excited to see how they grow in my care. Anyone know if I can split them as easily as nepenthes? Anyone know also if the Carnivorous vendor will be there tomorrow or if they're not in it at all this weekend? I'd make the trek again tomorrow if they're going to be there for sure. Traveling from Clearwater so I wouldnt go unless I knew for sure.

Michelle

That's Sarracenia flava, Sarracenia can generally be split very easily. I was told that the usual carnivorous plant vendor may be in Puerto Rico right now, so I don't think they'll be there tomorrow
[Insert motivational quote here]
Oh and here's The Growlist

Previous

Return to Tropical Pitcher Plants