FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss fertilization techniques here. For advanced growers only!

Moderator: Matt

By murrkywaters
Have GA3? Curious to see what it's capable of? You came to the right place! This thread is where you can post any experiments you're conducting with GA3. Please list the source of the GA3 and the concentration so we can duplicate your experiment and see if the results are consistent. The more in depth you can describe your process, the better we can collectively understand how it can benefit all of us.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

By murrkywaters
Today's experiment: 5 ppm GA3 solution with Gibberelic acid crystals from RPI. Administered to drosera burmannii and nidiformis seedlings, vft from tissue culture, drosera capensis, drosera capillaris, sarracenia 'love bug' 'judith hindle' and 'yellow jacket', sansevieria, eincorn, and one leaf of n. Tobaica from tissue culture. Will update with changes on Saturday.Image

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

By murrkywaters
Update: preliminary observations of treated D. burmannii samples show increased growth and deeper coloration compared to untreated samples. It may be difficult to see. Similar results are not present in other samples as of yet. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

By murrkywaters
Minor leaf burn on the vft, the burmannii have developed stems on samples with GA3 added, which is strange. Unsure about the sars and neps, but no damage visible and decent growth.ImageImageImageImage

By murrkywaters
Updates! The Nep is responding well to the GA3, I managed to get D. filiformis to sprout after a 48 hour soak in 10 ppm GA3, and I've started some Sarracenia seeds with GA3. I'll keep y'all updated when they start going off.

By uxleumas
murrkywaters wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:17 pm I managed to get D. filiformis to sprout after a 48 hour soak in 10 ppm GA3

that's a very quick germination time :0
By murrkywaters
Time to germination was two weeks in total including the time in the soak. Attached is the nep picture that I forgot to post last time. Color is a little off due to the blurple light it is under.Image

By uxleumas
murrkywaters wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:27 pm Time to germination was two weeks in total including the time in the soak. Attached is the nep picture that I forgot to post last time. Color is a little off due to the blurple light it is under.Image

oh sr i got a bit confused and thought it only took 2 days for the seeds to germinate :lol:
By murrkywaters
Still lightning quick compared to the standard stratification process which I'm testing it against. I started them all at the same time and it will take a few more weeks before I can plant them.

By Apollyon
I was able to germinate my long time enemy D Burmannii in about 5 days with a 250 ppm mix. Humpty Doo untreated took me about 4 months lol.
By murrkywaters
I've never had problems with burmannii because it's always hot where I'm at, just be cautious about the plants getting leggy and rinse the pot once roots are established. I learned the hard way with one of my burmannii samples

By Apollyon
Yeah, I took what you said to heart. So far there's been 2 germination. I did take the advice of another user with the heat as well. I did a couple things differently. I have it with my petios in a 90+ chamber (before it was 80, may have been a factor) and I mixed in some live sphagnum moss this time. Chopped it and mixed it in with the soil. I thought that was an interesting idea. I didn't know they preferred that kind of moisture and I think it may yield healthier plants in the long run. I'll flush the pots though in a couple of weeks. I did go pretty heavy on the solution there. Did your plants ever correct themselves?
By murrkywaters
Two have not, but they're alive. The highs that they were getting to were 100° F on some days because my air conditioner had burned out. 90° F should be fine. I have some outdoors at 60°-70° F daytime they are just now sprouting. I think the sunlight is a major factor.

By Apollyon
Today I decided to test a couple things out. I made a 500ppm mixture for my Byblis but decided to try it on a few different seeds. I chose Sarracenia (Oreophilia x Leah Wilkerson Clone A) x Leah Wilkerson, Darlingtonia Californica, Drosera Admirabilis SP floating, 2 sets of byblis aquatica red forms, Two sets of cactus seeds (Echinopsis Peruviana Inti Solaris/Alchemist Thanks Matt! finally getting around to growing these), and a few Chinese Elm Seeds. They're all across the board but they're all going to be sitting in a 500ppm mixture for 24 hours. We'll see what turns up.

After this, I diluted the mixture to about 250 ppm, dosed some old seeds that never germinated in their pots, and then got reckless and dumped the mixture directly onto some Drosera Serpens and one of my Azalea cuttings. They'll probably die but I had to know what would happen.
By murrkywaters
Looking forward to the results

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!