- Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:42 pm
If you're looking to try GA3 on those seeds; the only one I tried with was Burmannii. I soaked it in a 250 ppm mixture and got a couple germination in about a week I think. It's hard to tell with my chosen media though I believe that's all that came from it. Going back, I'd do a weaker concentration for the seeds. Maybe like 100ppm. Also a factor would be the concentration and the GA3 itself. I tried 250 on a tuberous seed and got nothing. It's quite possible I fried those. On my most recent attempt, I'm still waiting before I say they're just done. I got some byblis rorida germination so I know that the stuff was still good and they're early risers compared to some others.
Edit: As far as macrophylla goes, GA3 would be your play if you want to have a tuberous sundew right now. If you have enough, try something like 100ppm, 150, 200, 250 etc. I read 250 so I went with it but I didn't get a response. I'll be honest though,I accidentally knocked the pot over after about 2 weeks so I can't say definitively that it doesn't work. Deep down I feel like the 100-200 range would be more effective. I'll probably go with something in that range next time.
Today I will do what others won't so tomorrow I can do what other's can't. Carnivorous Plants for Sale! -> topic48806.html
My Grow List