FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of subjects other than carnivorous plants, such as orchids, landscapes, etc.

Moderator: Matt

By Oblivion
some more AP, these are from St Kilda.

Theres a breakwater that people fish from
a boat ramp thats a hot spot for boat fisherman

and best of all, a FREE public adventure playground. (ive only got photo's of some of St Kilda, not all)
Attachments:
St Kilda @ Sunset
St Kilda @ Sunset
101_0497.jpg (79.63 KiB) Viewed 6619 times
(lower left) car park. in front of cars is a historic tram line/rides, a fake wooden shipwreck, Wood castle with slides, underground tunnels, watch tower etc.
(lower left) car park. in front of cars is a historic tram line/rides, a fake wooden shipwreck, Wood castle with slides, underground tunnels, watch tower etc.
101_0496.jpg (96.12 KiB) Viewed 6619 times
the very small community of houses that is St Kilda, and the main road in/out toward the top. Tram lines run top to bottom
the very small community of houses that is St Kilda, and the main road in/out toward the top. Tram lines run top to bottom
101_0453.jpg (121.76 KiB) Viewed 6619 times
boat ramp + channel, fishing shop/kiosk.  CAN YOU SEE ME ?
boat ramp + channel, fishing shop/kiosk. CAN YOU SEE ME ?
101_0420.jpg (113.12 KiB) Viewed 6619 times
(top) St Kilda Mangroves + scenic board walk, small marina.
(top) St Kilda Mangroves + scenic board walk, small marina.
101_0401.jpg (92.75 KiB) Viewed 6619 times
By Grey
Well, I've never been very good with a camera. I've gotten a couple of lucky shots mind you, most of them are of my cat. She's a beautiful animal. To save on forum space, I'm pasting the links from photobucket. If you'd like me to resize them please let me know!

This is my personal second favourite, I got it through pure luck when Misi was playful. I believe I took it about 3-4 years ago.

This is my all time favourite. No photo I take will ever compare to this moment. I've posted this on Icanhazcheezburger.com, and almost every other website that requires (or asks for) a photo. My cat is my pride and joy, and this photograph displays her sheer insanity.

I also took a new one of my VFT, I thought I might as well post it alongside my other ones, considering I hadn't picked up a camera for 2 years I thought it was all right.

All these other photos are stunning! I hope I can become as skilled. Wow!
By Aging_Bourbon
Some of my pictures from my cheap Nikon S4000.
By Aging_Bourbon
Matt wrote:Also, that mountain in the distance looks fairly imposing. What's the name of it?
Which one? Most of them are named in Navajo.
By Aging_Bourbon
Matt wrote:The one you zoomed in on. It looks really cool...like something I'd like to climb
Do you mean "Tsé Bitʼaʼí " (Shiprock Rock)? Yeah, but old Navajo sayings is that yee naaldlooshii (skinwalkers) or ’ánt’įįhnii (Evil witches) are around that. I know some people that live near it, but they always tell me they see them at night or hear them. That's why no one really goes to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiprock

But, It's highly Illegal to climb, according to the Navajo Government. Since its scared ground.
Last edited by Aging_Bourbon on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Oblivion
that mountain looks like the one the aliens land on, in the close encounters of the 3rd kind movie.

monument valley... they had a nice red bull air race course near there a few yrs back !
By Hayden
I like the picture with the mountain in the distance =D
By Aging_Bourbon
It's not a mountain, it's a rock, well a very old extinct volcano. Here is a story I found that I heard once when I was a young lad
lapahie.com wrote:A long time ago the Diné were hard pressed by their enemies. One night their medicine men prayed for their deliverance, having their prayers heard by the Gods. They caused the ground to rise, lifting the Diné, and moved the ground like a great wave into the east away from their enemies. It settled where Shiprock Peak now stands. These Navajos then lived on the top of this new mountain, only coming down to plant their fields and to get water.

For some time all went well. Then one day during a storm, and while the men were working in the fields, the trail up the rock was split off by lightning and only a sheer cliff was left. The women, children, and old men on the top slowly starved to death, leaving their bodies to settle there.

Therefore, because of this legend, the Navajos do not want any one to climb Shiprock Peak for fear of stirring up the chį́įdii (ghosts or Evil spirits), or rob their corpses.
By Aging_Bourbon
Matt wrote:Interesting stuff Allen. I figured that a peak that prominent would have some climbing history.
Yeah, pretty much. But it's highly illegal to the Navajo Government.

Certainly. I used to live in Springwood, middle bl[…]

Hi from FNQ.

I've been keeping all types of CP's for most of th[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Hi from MD!

Hi, I’ve grown vfts on and off since the 198[…]

Trying My Hand With TC

Hi. I'm on the same road as you, to learn TC. Whic[…]

Thanks

Cultivar: Fractal Teeth

Just putting a 'bump' on this post so it doesn't g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!