FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By boarderlib
Cross wrote:That's debatable, my plants still look like crap. I live in nepa. I mean, they're starting to flower and divide. They just don't look as vigorous as I thought they would.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Once you start staying in the 70's they'll explode with growth. It typically takes about a week of constant 70's to get them fired up though. Also if you repotted that's going to set you back a week or two.

It takes a dedicated person to grow these up here, because all you see is your southern friends posting fully colored wide awake plants and you're still looking at rhizomes and dead plant material from last year. Hold strong though because come January when theirs look like dog poo, you'll still be posting pictures of nice looking pitchersImage. That's when we get to rub the salt into the southerners woundsImage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By Cross
boarderlib wrote:
Cross wrote:That's debatable, my plants still look like crap. I live in nepa. I mean, they're starting to flower and divide. They just don't look as vigorous as I thought they would.

Once you start staying in the 70's they'll explode with growth. It typically takes about a week of constant 70's to get them fired up though. Also if you repotted that's going to set you back a week or two.

It takes a dedicated person to grow these up here, because all you see is your southern friends posting fully colored wide awake plants and you're still looking at rhizomes and dead plant material from last year. Hold strong though because come January when theirs look like dog poo, you'll still be posting pictures of nice looking pitchersImage. That's when we get to rub the salt into the southerners woundsImage

ImageImageImageImage you're funny. Take a look at mine if you don't mind. I think they look terrible, but maybe I'm over critical? I only took some pictures because I didn't want to murder this post lol. ImageImageImageImageImage

By Cross
boarderlib wrote:I see flower pods emerging as well as new pitchers. A couple weeks and you'll be running full spring mode. Image

Aw thanks. I can't wait. I've never been into gardening. It was never my thing. I now own a collective 60 individual plants I think give or take, since last... October or November.

By mcgrumpers
I had never seen an aphid in my house until yesterday, when they somehow invaded all of my plants. I wonder if I just failed to notice them until the numbers got large. I'm not even sure how those little green devils even got in.

So I spent quite a lot of time mass murdering aphids... mostly crushing and drowning. That sounds a bit gruesome but I'd say those were the lucky ones. The ones that ended up on my pings had a much worse predicament :twisted:.

Anyways, I laid down a bunch of upside down tape (AKA synthetic pings) to try to catch the ones I may have missed. I'm thinking of ordering neem oil just in case this doesn't work.
By CarnivoresUnite
RAINWATER COLLECTION!

Oh, and building up the reflective panels on my largest level 3 shelving and lighting where my adults will reside as I collect them over the next few months..

I got a great Father's Day gift for my teenage sized ones, two seed starting enclosed kits, 64 additional 4 inch sized pots. I love Burpee BTW..
By Nepenthes0260
Today I discovered two Western Toads hiding in sarr pools. So far, they have not smashed any pitchers, but they'll be in trouble if they start to harm the sarrs. Also, scorpioides, truncata, and a gigantea flower looked good today.
Attachments:
P. gigantea flower
P. gigantea flower
image5 (3).jpeg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 4965 times
New N. truncata pitcher
New N. truncata pitcher
image4 (4).jpeg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 4965 times
The bigger Western Toad
The bigger Western Toad
image3 (10).jpeg (1.54 MiB) Viewed 4965 times
D. scorpioides
D. scorpioides
image2 (13).jpeg (2.82 MiB) Viewed 4965 times
A small Western Toad
A small Western Toad
image1 (30).jpeg (2.07 MiB) Viewed 4965 times
By Bob Beer
Collected seed from two Pinguicula crosses: gracilis x moranensis ‘Mexicana,

ImageImageImageImage

...and laueana x a moranensis Vera Paz hybrid with a large purple flower.

ImageImageImageImage

Also gazed at my latest Cephalotus pulling to suddenly pump out its first mature leaf. I love when they do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Artchic528
I watched my plants get watered by Mother Nature. Growing flytraps sure is easy when she does most of the work. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
By Fieldofscreams
I agree, it's really just a "set and forget it" kind of thing.

All I do is make sure the pots don't completely dry out. That's it.

Haven't watered in 5 weeks though.
By Cross
Fieldofscreams wrote:I agree, it's really just a "set and forget it" kind of thing.

All I do is make sure the pots don't completely dry out. That's it.

Haven't watered in 5 weeks though.
It's been raining nonstop here. Filled up my pots that have drainage holes. I wish the rain would ease up.

By boarderlib
I pollinated more B.guehoi flowers.

I've only watered my outside plants once this year, and I pulled the drain plugs on my tables a few weeks ago. The rain has been insane here as well. Image

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!