FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By tannerm
Bob Beer wrote:Did some more potting of pullings and some seedlings. :-)Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any gigantea in there? :p

By KategoricalKarnivore
tannerm wrote: Any gigantea in there? :p
I have one that's just about ready for you tanner. You asked me for one a good while ago and I finally got it going. Lol. Shoot me a PM and we can work something out.
By Bob Beer
tannerm wrote:

Any gigantea in there? :p

Nope...my gigantea is still not too giant! That has hemiepiphytica, zecheri, a couple different moranensis, some tiny gypsicolas and an agnata x laurena (?) hybrid.

By phil1984
Bob Beer wrote:
tannerm wrote:

Any gigantea in there? Image

Nope...my gigantea is still not too giant! That has hemiepiphytica, zecheri, a couple different moranensis, some tiny gypsicolas and an agnata x laurena (?) hybrid.

Hi bob was thinking of maybe repotting my all green vft as getting loads of new growth and dividing very well. But do you have to wait till totally dormant before you do this? And if so why do you have to do it when dormant?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
By phil1984
Bob Beer wrote:You can do it. Don't divide it. But you can pot it up without much root disturbance.

So if I'm going to repot it, repot it but don't divide it? And do I do this when it's dormant? Or can you do it anytime like sundews?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
By Bob Beer
The optimal time for most plants is just as they're getting ready to grow. So early spring is good. But in reality the only downside I've seen to dividing in summer is that it disturbs the leaves, and if there is a lot of root damage the plant may struggle more in the heat. The reason say, bearded Iris and peonies are divided in September is that root growth starts as soon as the weather cools and some rain falls. So, same principle, even if the climatic conditions are different.

By Orit
Today, I spent close to 2 hours potting my treasure from a premium mystery box and found the perfect flytrap pots: those cups beers come in at football games. I had a few made of thick, white plastic and one that was black, but made of insulating foam and quite large. I just drilled a hole at the bottom of each and went to work.

I received two large and beautiful Sarracenia, several each of vitiligo and freaky star, a couple pinnacle and green wizard, and even a clump of Alien! That alone was worth the price. I studied Leah's extremely helpful potting video and hope I did a good job. Some of them were quite challenging to pot. Thanks, Matt and Leah, for the awesome surprise! I really don't need any more flytraps but don't think I'd be able to turn down another mystery box... just have to go to a Broncos game first!
Attachments:
20170810_195606.jpg
20170810_195606.jpg (319.13 KiB) Viewed 5313 times
maybe my husband will like flytraps more now lol
maybe my husband will like flytraps more now lol
20170810_211826.jpg (324.12 KiB) Viewed 5313 times
Green Wizard and the larger Sarra
Green Wizard and the larger Sarra
20170810_211952-1.jpg (410.47 KiB) Viewed 5313 times
Orit liked this
By Sakaaaaa
I have 1 ceramic rectangular cup ready for utrics and 1 big glass mug for an utric terrarium. No utrics yet though.
By Mawy_Plants
I potted 3 little clumps of Cephalotus babies that I received in the mail last night! Thanks to Carnivore Culture.

Stared at my new Sarracenia I saved from Home Depot two days ago contemplating to repot now or once dormancy is complete. Feel free to advise me with this! :roll:

Misted my various mix of D. capensis seeds I sowed 10 days ago.

Lifted my VFT typicals to see if they need watering. Not quite! The rain last week helped with that. :lol:

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!