FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By llaro18
I bought 4 plants from bugbitingplants.com Only 1 survived after the 2nd week. At first I thought they were in remission. I emailed them about 2 months after I received the plants, but the first response was mostly why did you wait so long and what did I do to the plants? I wrote back explaining that one was happy and they were all together, etc. I never heard back. I work full time and am taking 6 grad courses...my time is limited. I had off this week and I emailed again. Robert said he couldn't tell whether I killed them and I waited too long! He is not Home Depot, Lowes, or Pikes, so he can't guarantee them like they do. I let him know I am not happy about his version of customer service and that I will post my experience for others to see. He said he doesn't give in to blackmail! My word! I have never quite dealt with anyone like him...The 4 plants I got were a variety. I have no prior experience with these types of plants. I did follow the planting instructions. I lost a venus flytrap and I'm not sure of the other 2. The one I have left is very happy and looks similar to a thin aloe plant. It had a lovely purple flower for a time. (I wrote mot on the label of the pot) Thanks for listening!

Laura...
By dantt99
Grr bugbitingplants :( I really hate them. They provide poor quality plants, slow shipping, and crappy guest service. Why do that when FTS offers 2-3 day shipping, great service, and superb plants? That's why I hate BBP
By dmagnan
That's rough, I sympathize on the grad courses thing. But I do recommend the store attached to this forum as well, I'm very satisfied, and there's lots of info here:

http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/the-l ... t8732.html

Were the plants getting everything they need? Distilled water, moist but not wet soil, at least 3 hours of direct sunlight?
By mfriend
Hi Laura:

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I have never ordered from them, but to be honest I believe you are likely just as much at fault as them.
First, you really should have contacted them quicker and not waited for 2 months. Many people kill their carnivorous plants through improper care. I'm guessing they (and most Carnivorous Plant suppliers) have people who care for their plants improperly and then want a refund after killing them.

I know you said (and seem to believe) that you cared for the plants properly. I don't want to sound mean, but I doubt that. You indicate that the only plant you can name or know the species of was the Venus Flytrap. Why do I think you did not take care of them properly? Because you did not take the time to do even basic research (i.e. you have no idea what varieties they were... and you have no idea what kind the survivor is now!).

I also am a full time graduate student, I work full time, and I have a small farm/animals I take care of. I still found the time last week and this week to research the requirements for the CP's I ordered and received Monday.

As far as the 'guarantee' that Lowe's or Home Depot might give, I really doubt if you buy a CP from them and go back 2 months later they will give you a refund.

On a side note... I received orders from three different CP' suppliers (Conners, CP Jungle, and California Carnivors) Monday of this week. They look pretty good except for one VFT that may not make it. It looked rough when it arrived so my goal is to watch it closely and let the grower know this weekend if it dies (not months from now).

I hope you will continue to raise Carnivorous Plants, but please spend some time getting to understand their needs better and if there is an issue with an order contact the grower/supplier asap.

Matthew
mfriend, mfriend, mfriend liked this
By corbeano
You're out of luck waiting two months. With that being said, I don't think he would've done anything if you waited 2 days. I ordered from them and they sent three sickly plants....and they were the wrong ones. I sent an e-mail saying that I deserved the venus flytrap that I ordered (I ordered a Akai Ryu and got sent a cupped instead). We finally got something resolved after he threatened to "fire me as a customer." Whatever that meant.
By Ras
corbeano wrote:We finally got something resolved after he threatened to "fire me as a customer." Whatever that meant.
ok, that made me laugh pretty hard
and who is running this store? lmao, some of the emails just sound like they are coming from a 12yr old, and I have never seen a post in the sub-forum saying "oh the plants were so nice blah blah"
always complaints, idk why that shop is still running, honestly. They are obv not doing a good job

sucks for all the people who wasted their time and money ordering from them.
guess that's why they made the FTStore right? :lol:
By SDCPs
I got my first plants for bugbitting plants. Although they might not have been the best, the starter packs were a good deal and I only lost d. adelae which I have consecutively lost several times now. I ordered 14 plants total from them at 2 different times (maybe 3?) and most of them were fine. I don't really order form places, that was when I was just starting, so I don't know how to compare...
By jamez
SDCPs wrote:I got my first plants for bugbitting plants. Although they might not have been the best, the starter packs were a good deal and I only lost d. adelae which I have consecutively lost several times now. I ordered 14 plants total from them at 2 different times (maybe 3?) and most of them were fine. I don't really order form places, that was when I was just starting, so I don't know how to compare...
One thing about getting cheap unhealthy plants, is that people complain that it's unhealthy(not dead or dying) but it makes me think that they are doubting their ability to take care of the plant. Because the plant will look differently 6 months in your care whether you get a plant with no leavens or one with 11 leaves.

Well this is old, though. The person was at fault for contacting 2 months later.

Just wanted to say my opinion.

We should let it die now ... ;)
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , Thank you :)

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!