FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By Greenthumbs Garden
cvlover wrote:Yes. That is the medium. If you have a scale and agar you can only buy balsa, it's much cheaper.
http://phytotechlab.com/index.php/plant ... l-mes.html
Yes I just noticed that's the one with the agar already mixed in, but I already have the agar bought from the health shop.
Awesome, I think I have my media decided.. getting excited.
By Greenthumbs Garden
cvlover wrote:Yes. That is the medium. If you have a scale and agar you can only buy balsa, it's much cheaper.
http://phytotechlab.com/index.php/plant ... l-mes.html
So because its PH adjusted, dose that mean I don't have to set the PH, or I still have to set it but it will hold the PH I set much better? It says in the description that under most circumstances adjusting the PH is not necessary.
By TCGator
Reason not to get the medium with sugar added- increases shipping costs.
Reason to get the medium without gel added- math is easier if you wish to dilute the concentration of nutrients, but maintain same gel concentration.
Reason not to get the medium with 7g/L agar already added- most CVs would likely do well on a medium that is less hard (perhaps even a mixture of gellan gum and agar).
By cvlover
Dr GreenThumb wrote: So because its PH adjusted, dose that mean I don't have to set the PH, or I still have to set it but it will hold the PH I set much better?.
It's better to set the pH about 5.6. Buffer medium hold pH around that point during growing much better than unbuffer medium.
Dr GreenThumb wrote: It says in the description that under most circumstances adjusting the PH is not necessary.
Some people say "adjusting the PH is not necessary". Do you want to give hot and spicy food to your new born baby? If you can provide better condition to baby (not required too much time and money) do you want to do it? It's up to you.
By xr280xr
cvlover wrote:Do you want to give hot and spicy food to your new born baby?
:lol:
Dr GreenThumb wrote:So because its PH adjusted, dose that mean I don't have to set the PH, or I still have to set it but it will hold the PH I set much better?
I've found that my pH is already at the correct level when I'm done but I always test it to make sure. Make sure it's the right level, and then it should hold there.

Disclaimer: I only have pH paper to test with, which isn't the best method for someone like me with red/green color blindness... :roll:
By Greenthumbs Garden
xr280xr wrote:
cvlover wrote:Do you want to give hot and spicy food to your new born baby?
:lol:
Dr GreenThumb wrote:So because its PH adjusted, dose that mean I don't have to set the PH, or I still have to set it but it will hold the PH I set much better?
I've found that my pH is already at the correct level when I'm done but I always test it to make sure. Make sure it's the right level, and then it should hold there.

Disclaimer: I only have pH paper to test with, which isn't the best method for someone like me with red/green color blindness... :roll:
Lol, no that doesn't sound like the best option for you, haha. Il be using paper too, ill be able to buy it from the aquarium shop.

still growing, inside pitcher still looks OK hopin[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!