FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By elaineo
I accidentally made a 24" cutting and rooted it. there's a growth point at the top and then a long bare vine going into the potting media. What can I do to make it look less silly?
By Intheswamp
What Camden said. Make a few cuttings and get a pot full of nep growing. I'm not sure that a single cut end can support 24 inches of vine...maybe, maybe not...??? :? I'm no expert, for sure!!!! ;)
By Camden
elaineo wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:46 pm wait a sec... if i detach the growth point from the roots, will the roots sprout a new head? like a hydra?
It should sprout a new node yes, well… it depends on if this is a long woody stalk or a green stalk.
elaineo liked this
By optique
Some vine cuttings just have a lot of space between nodes. You can bury it deep or cut it a 2nd time to make it look better, like the maxima wavy in this photo. Also the hardest brown sticks can put out new growth. It just takes longer.

Camden, elaineo liked this
By elaineo
optique wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:53 pm Some vine cuttings just have a lot of space between nodes. You can bury it deep or cut it a 2nd time to make it look better, like the maxima wavy in this photo. Also the hardest brown sticks can put out new growth. It just takes longer.

Wow! I just trimmed all the brown stems off my nepenthes today and threw them in the compost. d'oh. well I don't think anyone needs more ventratas around here :b

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Thanks all. The only place I didn’t think […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!