FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Cobra1264
I bought this drosera a few weeks ago and can't identify the little guy. The container just says drosera sp and everything I look up looks similar to this little of the tokaiensis to the rosette. It's kept under a reptile HO led lamp with red white and blue on it about 12-14hrs as here in Ohio it's been very cloudy and my apartment windows face west. It's been growing extremely crazy with new leaves starting to grow every day. It sits in standing distilled water for 2-3 days a week the rest of the week the water is below the pot or until the top of the bog mix it's in gets a little dry. When I got this drosera it was the size of a dime and the flowers weren't even nearly that close to blooming. The room it's kept in the temps jump between 60-75F and the windowsill does get down to the upper 50's Any ideas as to what this specie's is will be very helpful.
Attachments:
IMG_20181202_230701.jpg
IMG_20181202_230701.jpg (2.88 MiB) Viewed 1510 times
By Cobra1264
Thank you both hopefully in the next few days to a week I can find an old reptile fixture to fit the 2.0 uvb in it and crank 4-8hrs a day with it on this little one.
By SundewWolf
Cobra1264 wrote:Thank you both hopefully in the next few days to a week I can find an old reptile fixture to fit the 2.0 uvb in it and crank 4-8hrs a day with it on this little one.
Cobra1264 wrote: It's kept under a reptile HO led lamp with red white and blue on it about 12-14hrs
Is it currently under grow lights or not, and what's the daily duration of the light?

p.s. Next time instead of the UVB bulb you can get some daylight LEDs for much cheaper at the hardware store. I even found a $3 4 pack of LED bulbs at costco (5000K & 1600 lumens so decent light output)
By Cobra1264
Was using regular zoomed HO led lighting kit 10-15hrs per day at a height of a few inches but the little guy isn't getting as bright as it should. It's also eating several fruit flies a week that are loose in the apartment. I have a 2.0 uvb I was going to use for a frog vivarium but nothing came of that so I have the bulb and finally dug out the old fixture.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!