FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live outside the US, UK or EU

Moderator: Matt

By Jonathan_
Posts:  266
Joined:  Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:00 am
#370690
Wanted: Rehder Giant 3 Dionaea muscipula seeds. If you have some you are willing to part with please let me know. I can pay a decent and fair price and through PayPal.

Thank you.

Jonathan~
User avatar
By Matt
Location: 
Posts:  22424
Joined:  Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:28 pm
#370713
At this point, I think I am the only person growing RG3, so you'll have to wait a while until I can get it more widely distributed. I have it in TC (finally!) this year so there will be some available for sale in the US next year. Give it a couple of years and someone might be able to offer you some RG3 seeds!!
User avatar
By Nepenthes0260
Posts:  1175
Joined:  Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:59 am
#370715
Matt wrote:At this point, I think I am the only person growing RG3, so you'll have to wait a while until I can get it more widely distributed. I have it in TC (finally!) this year so there will be some available for sale in the US next year. Give it a couple of years and someone might be able to offer you some RG3 seeds!!
Matt, I'm going to have to snag one of those RG3s when you have it available next year! My Rehder Giant #1 is by far one of the best VFTs I grow!
By jose
Posts:  154
Joined:  Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:18 pm
#370716
Think some better giant clones could be bred with Rehder. DCXL x Rehder... just saying :lol:
User avatar
By Matt
Location: 
Posts:  22424
Joined:  Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:28 pm
#370732
Nepenthes0260 wrote:Matt, I'm going to have to snag one of those RG3s when you have it available next year! My Rehder Giant #1 is by far one of the best VFTs I grow!
The Rehder Giants, all three of them, are quite impressive plants. Unfortunately, other than RG1, they don't do particularly well in our Oregon weather, thus the reason it took me so long to start getting them propagated. But RG2 and RG3 are both very impressive plants!!
jose wrote:Think some better giant clones could be bred with Rehder. DCXL x Rehder... just saying
Possibly. I've done a lot of crosses of giant flytraps over the years and not a whole lot has come from those seedlings. It is the odd-looking crosses that usually yield something unique. There are already a plethora of giant flytraps out there, so I don't see a need for more of them!
User avatar
By Apollyon
Location: 
Posts:  1163
Joined:  Tue May 05, 2020 2:49 am
#370742
I'm gonna need to get one too and call it "Robert Griffin III" That was immediately where I went when you guys said "RG3"
Matt liked this
Successful pollination?

When each dries out and cracks open, you can har[…]

Transaction with wanderingkev

He wanted to clear out some space from a earlier p[…]

https://i.imgur.com/9oJ7XaK.jpg So this purple a[…]

I received the seeds and maxsea, thanks Dean!

Order received. Your order number is 0552. I'll PM[…]

What if...

cow blood on blood worms? https://www.jasons-indo[…]

How does it digest?

Do purperea hybrids also secrete digestive enzymes[…]

VFT Rescue story

Hello everyone. I wanted to share a story that unf[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!