FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Tarzanus
I've received a sundew in quite bad shape. It's leaves were all paper thin with burnt traps. It hasn't got nearly enough light and previous owner used fertilized potting soil to make it "thrive". Apparently he was told to do so when he bought it. He gave me one and I told him everything about different carnivores he owned and how to care for them. Good news, his plants started recovering as did the one he gave me.
drosera aliciae.jpg
drosera aliciae.jpg (192.29 KiB) Viewed 3663 times
a week or so after I placed it into half strength grow light I use to give my sundews, it seemed to be too much and all the leaves that were fertilzer burnt before started turning red, I think they even got way too red.
IMG_20201204_203445.jpg
IMG_20201204_203445.jpg (201.31 KiB) Viewed 3663 times
Today, I noticed it managed to cath its first two fungus gnats. I think it should be ok from now on. It fully acclimated to its new conditions.
IMG_20201204_203727.jpg
IMG_20201204_203727.jpg (100.53 KiB) Viewed 3663 times
Btw, is that Drosera aliciae? It apparently had no tag on it, when he bought it., It just said sundew.
By Nepenthes0260
It looks like it is recovering! Sundews are a huge pain to ship and repot because they lose all their dew usually. Plus, their growth dramatically changes in appearance when moved to different conditions. That is definitely D. aliciae. It looks like it's recovering nicely from the previous owners etiolation lol! I would keep doing whatever you're doing and expect it to look very nice and healthy in a month or two.
Tarzanus liked this

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Sundew in forest

So, I am very new to gardening (like, this is my f[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I would give it a bit more shade but it doesn't ne[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!