FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By andynorth
Just curious as to what, if any Drosera would make for good companion plants with Sarrs. I would rather use Drosera that have similar dormancy requirements. I know the taller sarrs will block out the light somewhat but I have a possible solution for that.
StephenB200+ liked this
By Intheswamp
In a natural bog I've seen plenty of filiformis growing with pitchers...tracyi being what I see in the closer bogs to me. I'm sure there are others. Filiformis likes it good and wet much like sarrs do. Both have the same growth habits, a vertical growth.
andynorth liked this
By andynorth
Intheswamp wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:29 am In a natural bog I've seen plenty of filiformis growing with pitchers...tracyi being what I see in the closer bogs to me. I'm sure there are others. Filiformis likes it good and wet much like sarrs do. Both have the same growth habits, a vertical growth.
Cool. I have a couple of them. Will definitely be looking at doing this come spring time. I know they try to take over so will be keeping an eye on that also. I have already had to remove quite a bit of live moss from some of my Drosera pots as it is taking over. Any one interested in some live moss PM me. Although I do not have a lot, I have enough to share for a few people to start their own.
Sorry @Panman, not trying to impede on your Business. I just want to "Pay it Forward" since I have enough for myself.
By optique
andynorth wrote:So Intermedia do require dormancy?
the ones i have do, but there are tropical ones also.

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Thanks all. The only place I didn’t think […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!