FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By MaxVft
Hello Matt/Leah,
I purchased a young "Jaws" plant from flytrapstore.com
I ordered on sunday,thinking it would ship on monday,maybe tuesday at most considering the reviews stating quick shipping.
But the plant only shipped Wednesday, not a big deal considering that the reviews said that the plant arrived within 1 to 3 days,so I didn't stress over it,considering it was priority 2 to 3 day shipping.
Well,it's now Saturday(3 days later),and my flytrap has still not been delivered,considering I live just 4 hours away from the nursery(silverton OR).
The flytrap is expected to deliver monday,8 days after I ordered when it should've been a max of maybe 5 days(1-2 days preparation time,2-3 days shipping but even less because I live in the same state).
Yes,this counts as a complaint to flytrapstore.com,and I hope this doesn't happen to me again in the future(that is If I even end up ordering again).Yes,I know you will respond to me saying that "it was an exceptionally rare case made by USPS that we cannot control",which I agree on,but that would have to be completely coincidential and a bad first impression,considering I live in the same state AND it was my first-ever order.
Happy growing,
Max
By Adrien
You should probably take it easy, I get it’s your first experience but as any seller can tell you, once its been shipped it’s out of their control. Even if your an hour away or even a couple minutes it has to be processed through USPS or the carrier service. I wouldn’t put the blame on FTS at all. If your plant arrived in perfect shape which I’m sure it did, then no complaints should be made IMO.
MaxVft, Matt, Apollyon liked this
By Shadowtski
I ship out plants fairly frequently.
Since the zombie apocalypse began, postal service has become erratic and a real gamble.
I can ship a plant and some times it will take 3 days to reach its destination.
Some times it will take almost 2 weeks.
I now package plants for surviving the worst case scenario.
But what happens to a plant once I ship it, is out of my control.
Downrating a vendor because a shipper is slow is not very logical.

Just my 02¢ worth.
MaxVft, Matt, Apollyon liked this
By optique
Anything shipped by USPS out of Oregon has been slow. You see "Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility" and it goes dark for days, then you see "In Transit, Arriving Late".
MaxVft, Matt liked this
By Panman
Shipping around the US is bad. Expecting to get anything in 3 day now is not realistic. Your plants are well packaged and will be fine in shipping even if it takes more than a week. Blaming a store for the poor delivery on the part of the Post Office is unfair and unproductive. I think you will find that there are lots of Flytrap Store customers here and they will attest to the fact that the proprietors do everything possible to ensure the best care for their plants. Perhaps a direct email rather than a public browbeating and threat may have been a more appropriate course of action.
Adrien, Lain, MaxVft and 1 others liked this
By MaxVft
Yeah,I really should've thought before I spoke,it really isn't the post offices nor FTS's fault,hwo are both trying their best to get the package to me in good condition.It really depends on economy,demand etc. and I apologize to FTS for writing this complaint which I now see is unfair.
Panman, Shadowtski, Matt liked this
By Panman
I am impressed. It is so rare today for someone to admit they may have been wrong or hasty. I commend you and thank you. And I sincerely mean this.
MaxVft, Shadowtski, ChefDean and 3 others liked this
By MaxVft
Wow,THX so much!But yeah,I was just not thinking and was just mad because of shipping times,which I shouldn't have been mad at all for and is simply a silly thing.
Panman, Matt liked this
By Supercazzola
Every dealing with Matt and Leah has been extraordinarily friendly, courteous, and professional. You assumed it would ship Monday, but you should watch the Bad News Bears movie to see why you should never assume.
I’m glad you realized your public bashing was inappropriate. You’ll find folks are always more helpful and willing to go out of their way to answer your posts with a bit of kindness.
By Matt
MaxVft wrote:I ordered on sunday,thinking it would ship on monday,maybe tuesday at most considering the reviews stating quick shipping.
But the plant only shipped Wednesday, not a big deal considering that the reviews said that the plant arrived within 1 to 3 days,so I didn't stress over it,considering it was priority 2 to 3 day shipping.
Well,it's now Saturday(3 days later),and my flytrap has still not been delivered,considering I live just 4 hours away from the nursery(silverton OR).
The flytrap is expected to deliver monday,8 days after I ordered when it should've been a max of maybe 5 days(1-2 days preparation time,2-3 days shipping but even less because I live in the same state).
@MaxVft, Oh no! So sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. I think if you read the email you received when you placed your order, you'll find most of the information therein covers your primary concerns and provides an explanation for your complaint.

Here's what our New Order confirmation emails state:
SHIPPING- *** Matt and Leah are able to ship your order within 1-3 business days, during which Leah will be retrieving, cleaning, preparing, expertly potting, and safely packaging plant(s) for shipment. Once your plants are prepared for shipment she will send an email with a tracking number. USPS typically updates tracking information on their website by the following business day. (Note: seeds are sent via a regular USPS envelope which does not generate a tracking number.)

USPS estimates 2-3 days delivery time for Priority Mail and 3-5 days for First Class Mail, but does not guarantee it so it is rare but possible that it will be longer than this estimate for delivery, for example in exceptionally rare cases where a package is misdirected or delayed (please understand that we, Matt and Leah, naturally do not have control over this but will do anything we can to help, and USPS usually resolves such issues within just a few days).
We were able to get your Jaws shipped within 3 business days, so we met that promised deadline. We're actually struggling to keep up with meeting that 3-day processing period at the moment because we're in the process of selling our house and it is also the busiest time of year for FlytrapStore.

And, as others pointed out and is explained in the order confirmation email, and you now realize, once we hand off the box to USPS, there's nothing we can do to ensure the plant gets to you on time. We've started offering UPS shipping options as well because USPS has been very unpredictable in their shipping times over the last 12-18 months.

Panman wrote:Perhaps a direct email rather than a public browbeating and threat may have been a more appropriate course of action.
That's certainly much more appreciated!
By optique
Speed of NOW!
By MaxVft
Matt wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:58 pm We were able to get your Jaws shipped within 3 business days, so we met that promised deadline. We're actually struggling to keep up with meeting that 3-day processing period at the moment because we're in the process of selling our house and it is also the busiest time of year for FlytrapStore.
And, as others pointed out and is explained in the order confirmation email, and you now realize, once we hand off the box to USPS, there's nothing we can do to ensure the plant gets to you on time. We've started offering UPS shipping options as well because USPS has been very unpredictable in their shipping times over the last 12-18 months.

I really hate myself for what has happened.I am extremely and sincerely sorry for this embarrassing public complaint.I had no idea you guys were in the process of selling your house,and I hope the move goes well.
I just really wish none of this happened in the first place,I was just too stupid to think about the consequences of what I did.All it really did was just give me a bad reputation for other forum users to know.
I really hope that you will forgive me for everything that happened,and acknowledge that I am sincerely sorry for everything that happened/was my fault in this thread.You guys were trying your best here to give me the best service while I was just being unfair by making stupid complaints that make absolutely no sense.Please know that I still support your store,as it is a very great one and the prices are much better than any other CP supplier I have visited,and even the ones that are cheaper do not put out half the quality/customer service than you guys.Please,keep up the great work.
By Matt
No worries at all! I wasn't offended and do completely understand how it can be frustrating to wait for plants in the mail!! Thanks for the apology and understanding.

And there's no excuse on our side due to all that we have going on. If it started impacting our ability to get orders out in a timely fashion, we'd up the processing time like we've done in the past when we got overwhelmed with orders. Don't hesitate to contact us anytime you have a concern or question about your order. Leah and I are pretty quick to respond to customer emails at sales@flytrapcare.com

Thanks again for your business and supporting Leah and me and FTS!!
Bobioden liked this
By Apollyon
For a while I was shipping plants often and I second Shadowtski. I package them for survivability because they can get ridiciulous on times. One customer told me the box had been totally thrashed (but the plants survived from the additional packaging). I've ordered or received numerous plants from Matt and Leah and they take incredible care in how they package. Some of the best, honestly. I have no doubt the plant would look great even if it arrived a week from Monday. You'll see what I mean.

Agreed, it's a hard lesson to learn when to pull back and honestly I've learned that lesson several times over the years. Sometimes its out of their hands, sometimes there are other circumstances but FTS is very professional. I would agree that if there is a genuine concern, private discussions would be the first step. Though give the benefit of the doubt to the sellers too. Matt/Leah as well as anyone on this forum I've had the experience of working with on either side has been great and on point with handling their obligations.

I don't believe people will judge you for it going forward. I'm sure we've all been anxious about new purchases and suppliers, particularly if you're just starting out and don't know what to expect. As I said though, people on here and the guys that own it are the responsible sort so don't worry about it.
Bobioden, Matt liked this
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

Supply the air fare and lodging and I will be ther[…]

Here's the one seedling that I managed to get grow[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!