FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Darlingtoniafan222
Title says it all. My nighttime temperatures don't drop very low, and my average temps are within 80 to 90 F. I'm in the Philippines. Does the triple zeer pot work, or will it kill the plant due to the high humidity here? Before any questions on the setup I want, read above. Media will be 2 parts LSF, 1 part perlite, 1 part pumice. Is this overkill, or is there something missing? Also I'm looking for tips from people in the Philippines. Thanks
By steve booth
I've never had to use a zeer pot, but they do work well so long as the pots don't leach minerals. The humidity shouldn't be a problem but possibly dormancy will.
Cheers Steve
Apollyon liked this
By Apollyon
It may work out and they respond to photoperiod shifts and slight temperature drops. I don't live in a full on tropical climate but the guy I told you about who grows these here has had them a couple years now. Only way to know is to try. If I were you I'd grow it indoors in the summer and outdoors in the elements in the fall/winter which it looks like I'm gonna have to try. I noticed after reading your threads that I have germination now :shock:

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!