FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Eventerminator
I just wanted to know if you guys ever seen any of the traps in your flytrap fully closed with nothing inside? I shone my flashlight in one to see if it caught anything and saw nothing. It's digesting nothing.
By ChefDean
If it's simply closed, then likely something tripped it, but wasn't secure, or it was big enough to escape. If it was simply closed, it will open back up in a day or so.
Now, if it's sealed (approximately 1/3 of the sides of the trap from the teeth down are touching and the teeth are not interlocked anymore, even angled out) then something has triggered the trap and continued to trigger it, prompting it to seal and digest.
By Eventerminator
ChefDean wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:58 pm If it's simply closed, then likely something tripped it, but wasn't secure, or it was big enough to escape. If it was simply closed, it will open back up in a day or so.
Now, if it's sealed (approximately 1/3 of the sides of the trap from the teeth down are touching and the teeth are not interlocked anymore, even angled out) then something has triggered the trap and continued to trigger it, prompting it to seal and digest.
The trap is fully sealed. I'm guessing that something big got stuck with half of it sticking out and was promptly stolen by some birds.
By optique
i have blue wasp in my area that are good at getting away after triggering traps.
By EricSg
Had such experience when my plants were overheated under a light.
How r u keeping your plants?
By Eventerminator
I keep my plants outside. It's all good now. Hopefully it actually does catch something

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

He gets direct morning sun until noon/1pmish then […]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!