She put it in a window, gave it distilled water and left it alone.
A month or so ago, I cut off about 3 feet of bushy vining growth because she had 2 basals and wanted to downsize the vine.
I divided this into 4 cuttings, 2 leafy and 2 naked dead looking sticks.
I wrapped each in some live Sphagnum, surrounded it with lfsm and stuck in a few peat pots.
I stuck the peat pots in my high humidity Tropical-ish/ICU Tank.
A few days ago, I saw fresh growth on one of the naked sticks.
A dormant growth bud in a leaf axil has sprung to life.
This leads me to believe that it has rooted.
The leafy ones are looking great also, even though I don't see any definitive new growth.
By Spring, I'll probably get rid of at least 3 of them, maybe donate to the NASC auction.
I did promise one to a forum member here, I haven't forgotten.
Here's a few pictures.
So any time you chop up a Nepenthes, don't throw away those naked dead sticks in the viny growth.