FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Apollyon
murrkywaters wrote:That one in back is huge! The heck are you feeding it?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
lmao right? It casts a shadow over all the others. An outlier if I've ever seen one. I feed it Maxsea 1/2 tsp per gallon once a week fine, light mist. and a box of wheaties per day. I experimented with some of my others that I didn't plant before. Filifolia Giant and Guehoi, as well as more aquatica. I think the weak mother plant (aquatica)is dying off so it's all propagation now. I had complications with the mixture, added some water and let it sit roughly 40 hours anywhere from 300-500ppm. I thought I roasted them but I saw my first sprouts from the other plants today. Unfortunately I don't think I have enough light on the back end of the tray so I think only half the pots will germinate. Still, it was a success. The Aquaticas of mine have taken much longer than the others. They creep out but they grow pretty vigorously once they do move.
By Apollyon
murrkywaters wrote:Just the maxsea and no bloodworms?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
No I haven't given them bloodworms yet. Sometimes I'll do that at random but not on the seedlings. Tbh, I have a lot of sprouts all over the place and I would get lazy. When they're so small, feeding them would be tedious. I do like to give bloodworms as an interim boost between fertilizing. When they go uncovered, I'll start doing it. They'll mold up in the conditions they're in. I would imagine its a lot safer though.
Seedlings with brown flytrap

Hi everyone! Been a while since I've posted here […]

New donation

I don't use maxsea but I use a similar 20-20-20 […]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Berrybob's grow list

Updated. First heli and first tubers.

New to live sphagnum

I would just use it for the top. It would probably[…]

Insoluble Chicken Grit(Granite)

Thanks! How long have you been using it and what[…]

That's a lovely plant and a great photograph. It c[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!