I purchased some GA3 (hopefully) on Amazon from a source that seemed to have mostly positive reviews and last night I did my first experiment with the powder. At the recommendation of Fishman, I made a mixture of ~500ppm GA3 and have the seeds currently soaking in a petri dish in paper towels. The GA3 came with a scoop that measured 1/32tsp and claims a level scoop weighs .08g. I diluted it with 91% isopropyl alcohol and combined with ~160ml of RO water. I have some of my recently harvested Aquatica (no germ. currently on untreated seeds, this is more of an experiment), Rorida, and Liniflora (which from what I understand is unnecessary but why not). I wanted to do a sample of some seeds before I risk ruining the ones I have the least of. This time I chose GA3. I'll post updates on this thread with any updates. So far I have noticed that the acid has been working through the outer coat of the aquatica seeds. There is a darker coloration surrounding the seeds. I did this late last night so I plan to plant them around the 24 hour mark. As it stands, I soaked 6 Aquatica, 5 Rorida, and 8 Liniflora.l
Germinated with Agrobrite T5HO 54Wx4 ft feet at approx 24inches away using a humidity dome. 2 6500k/2 3000k bulbs. Temperatures approx 75-78 day and 69-70 night
Current lighting: Mars Hydro 600Watt full spectrum LED, 14inches away. Temperatures are 81-85 day and 70 night.
9/23/20 - Soaked B. Aquatica (RF), Rorida, Liniflora in ~500ppm GA3 mixture.
9/24/20 - Sowed seeds. Decided to go heavier on peat for Liniflora, 50/50 Peat Sand with Trace Perlite for the others.
9/28/20 - First germination (Byblis Rorida - 1 seed of 5)
10/04/20 - B. Aquatica First Germination (Rorida-3/Aquatica-1/Liniflora-0)
10/05/20 - B. Liniflora First Germination (All types are currently growing! At least I didn't butcher it lol) (R-3/A-1/L-1)
10/12/20 - Noticed 3 Aquatica and 1 Liniflora germinated (R-3/A-4/L-2)