yS2+bOkXS5GuImVT4OCR+g.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 199 times
I recently received this tiny little pot of cephalotus, and I really want to move it into a bigger pot. I am wondering, however, if I should leave it alone for a few weeks, since it just went through the stress of shipping and is in an environment that is probably dissimilar to the one it came from. I would like to put it in a bigger home where it can live comfortably for the next year or so, and part of me is saying to do it now, with the thought that the plant will respond well to a new/fresh media and more root space. If I do leave it alone, should I leave it for just a few weeks, or should I wait until winter, when it is in a more dormant condition, to repot? I am in central California, with temps in the high 90's (F) right now, but the plant is currently inside on a garden window. Temps are still hitting about 90F where it sits, but cooling to about 70F at night.
Its current pot is about 2" x 2". Hopefully, the picture turns out well. The foggers were going when I took it, but they are not on 24/7. (Also, not sure why the photo shows up sideways in my preview. When I click to view it, it looks normal. So, my apologies if you have to crank your neck to see the preview.)