FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By spector
yS2+bOkXS5GuImVT4OCR+g.jpg
yS2+bOkXS5GuImVT4OCR+g.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 1273 times
I recently received this tiny little pot of cephalotus, and I really want to move it into a bigger pot. I am wondering, however, if I should leave it alone for a few weeks, since it just went through the stress of shipping and is in an environment that is probably dissimilar to the one it came from. I would like to put it in a bigger home where it can live comfortably for the next year or so, and part of me is saying to do it now, with the thought that the plant will respond well to a new/fresh media and more root space. If I do leave it alone, should I leave it for just a few weeks, or should I wait until winter, when it is in a more dormant condition, to repot? I am in central California, with temps in the high 90's (F) right now, but the plant is currently inside on a garden window. Temps are still hitting about 90F where it sits, but cooling to about 70F at night.

Its current pot is about 2" x 2". Hopefully, the picture turns out well. The foggers were going when I took it, but they are not on 24/7. (Also, not sure why the photo shows up sideways in my preview. When I click to view it, it looks normal. So, my apologies if you have to crank your neck to see the preview.)
By salty
They don’t like shipping and they don’t like repotting so I’d vote wait till dormancy. It’s not going to outgrow that pot anytime soon anyway.
salty liked this
By Jeeper
That plant could easily stay in that pot for a year. Cephs like to be a little root bound, eventually you'll pull it out of the pot and find 2, 3, 4 or more divisions.
Jeeper liked this
By Jeeper
That plant could easily stay in that pot for a year. Cephs like to be a little root bound, eventually you'll pull it out of the pot and find 2, 3, 4 or more divisions.
Jeeper liked this
Drosera germination time

I know I got the "Redrum" seeds from th[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!