FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By m80torpedo3
I'm using 2 (300W) Viparspectra LED lights they give about a 3'x6' coverage at 36" above the plants (not proper growing level but I think good enough for dormancy. I have them on a timer that automatically adjust for sunrise and sunset.
By javaliz59
That one plant boi wrote:Hello! I was wondering if this light source would be enough to grow sarracenia indoors? https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-FLT44- ... =agrobrite if so, how many hours should it be on for dormancy?

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
Those lights look like they're T5 so you should be good. On at Sunrise and off at Sunset.
You asked about dormancy? Is it too cold where you live for outside dormancy? If so, be sure it's cold enough indoors for them to go dormant.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
By That one plant boi
javaliz59 wrote:
That one plant boi wrote:Hello! I was wondering if this light source would be enough to grow sarracenia indoors? https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-FLT44- ... =agrobrite if so, how many hours should it be on for dormancy?

Those lights look like they're T5 so you should be good. On at Sunrise and off at Sunset.
You asked about dormancy? Is it too cold where you live for outside dormancy? If so, be sure it's cold enough indoors for them to go dormant.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I live in florida, so not to cold at all, lol. I may have no choice but To grow them inside for a few months. When should I start easing them out of dormancy, and should the light be set up vertically for the tall sarracenia?

By That one plant boi
SundewWolf wrote:It would be better to just grow them outside, where the photoperiod should naturally put them into dormancy. Or stick them in the fridge, that way you don't have to worry about light at all.
They're already dormant, but soon I may be in situation where I may have to grow them inside for a while.

By SundewWolf
Not the best thing for sarracenia (growing them indoors) but I suppose you can get away with it. Depending on when you move I would possibly stick them in the fridge to have them dormant until March, and then bring them out of dormancy and under those T5 lights. They seem ok being 20,000 lumens, but the bulbs may need to be changed frequently since the fluorescent ones deteriorate their output over time. I have personally never grown sarracenia inside (except for seedlings or dormant plants for a very short time) so I can't comment with absolute certainty on how much light output you will need for a good indoor growing season.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!