FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nancy
francisfaustino wrote:
Smooter80 wrote:I think you got a good price on that Eden Black. Good luck and I hope you get many divisions in the future!!
The price just kept on going up! I didn't think it was going to stop. I will do my best with the plant. Hopefully we can start getting this cultivar to more people here in the US.

Congrats!
After getting outbid on 2 of the previous EB listings, I kind of gave up. :|
By Nauz
In my opinion it's just an over priced typical clone. Congratulations on winning the auction but I still don't see the plant worth the price when you can take any typical and get same coloration. Best to just save your money.

Here is my hummers giant, should I register it? Name it "hummers giant black". Also with the ICPS article on the cultivar he says you should have intense light to get the darker coloration.

By Nancy
Nauz wrote:In my opinion it's just an over priced typical clone. Congratulations on winning the auction but I still don't see the plant worth the price when you can take any typical and get same coloration. Best to just save your money.

Here is my hummers giant, should I register it? Name it "hummers giant black". Also with the ICPS article on the cultivar he says you should have intense light to get the darker coloration.

Your ceph is absolutely mind blowing :shock:
By Nauz
Thanks Nancy. I should try to get a better photo. To bad I only have a phone camera.
By francisfaustino
Of course... how do you go about determining the worth of decorative plants. They're only as valuable as what someone is willing to pay for them. Is a DC XL worth $50? I don't know, but I like it enough to pay that much for it. The price that someone pays for something is completely arbitrary and subjective to each individual.
By Nauz
francisfaustino wrote:Of course... how do you go about determining the worth of decorative plants. They're only as valuable as what someone is willing to pay for them. Is a DC XL worth $50? I don't know, but I like it enough to pay that much for it. The price that someone pays for something is completely arbitrary and subjective to each individual.
That is completely correct.
By boarderlib
Nauz wrote:In my opinion it's just an over priced typical clone. Congratulations on winning the auction but I still don't see the plant worth the price when you can take any typical and get same coloration. Best to just save your money.

I'm not much of a Ceph fan, but d@#& even I got googly eyed over that one. That thing is just BAD!!! Incredible specimen Nauz!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By Nauz
boarderlib wrote: I'm not much of a Ceph fan, but d@#& even I got googly eyed over that one. That thing is just BAD!!! Incredible specimen Nauz!

Thanks boarderlib, I removed a lot of the old pitchers and cleaned it up a bit since so I'll take a newer photo soon and post it for everyone. I divided it that's why you see most the lids closed.
By boarderlib
Divisions? I'm in line when you have some ready to go, pretty please.

By Nauz
boarderlib wrote:Divisions? I'm in line when you have some ready to go, pretty please.

I was successful in getting one division from it and that division is actually starting to pop up new crowns on the side as well. Not sure what I wanna do with it just yet. Because I'm trying to save for a move soon.
By boarderlib
Nauz wrote:
boarderlib wrote:Divisions? I'm in line when you have some ready to go, pretty please.

I was successful in getting one division from it and that division is actually starting to pop up new crowns on the side as well. Not sure what I wanna do with it just yet. Because I'm trying to save for a move soon.
I completely understand, I just wanted to throw that out there in case you do decide to sell one off. If or when you do, I'm definitely interested in one.

I grow carnivorous plants, and I've learned patience is key. Not only in growing, but also in getting your hands on the plants that are must haves;).

Happy growing!

By Cory
Nauz your ceph is epic

***runs off to increase photo period***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Nauz
Cory wrote:Nauz your ceph is epic

***runs off to increase photo period*** Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Cory.
By IGotInStanford
Guys, anyone wanna share seeds or clones. I'm so interested but I cant seem to find someone who is willing to share. Or can someone share their source please. Thank you
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!