FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nauz
Just a shot of my pulls I got from a reliable source.

One from Stephan moreley and the long one is from Jeremiah Harris clones.
By Lex
Gorgeous! Have you been doing TC too?

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk
By Nauz
Lex wrote:Gorgeous! Have you been doing TC too?

No I haven't gotten into it yet. I'd love to get some premixed stuff but haven't found anyone doing that yet.
By Lex
Nauz wrote:
Lex wrote:Gorgeous! Have you been doing TC too?

No I haven't gotten into it yet. I'd love to get some premixed stuff but haven't found anyone doing that yet.
I think Kitchen Culture does ready to go kits over in the US.

Not so fortunate in the UK. Ive not found much. I did make a glovebox a while back so I'd like to have a go with VFT seeds first.

By carnigrower
Nauz wrote:Just a shot of my pulls I got from a reliable source.

Just out of interest, where do you live eu or usa?

Mark
By Nauz
carnigrower wrote:
Nauz wrote:Just a shot of my pulls I got from a reliable source.

Just out of interest, where do you live eu or usa?

Mark
USA.

Nauz
By Nauz
carnigrower wrote:Are you saying you received a Eden Black leaf pull from Stephen Morley directly?

Mark
Was from someone I know who received Eden black plants directly from him. But the leaf pulls didn't make it. My dogs knocked over the container while I was out and I tried to recover it but they turned yellow shortly after.
By carnigrower
That's a shame about the dog knocking out over! This is very interesting as Stephen has never and I mean never sent Eden Black to the usa he has only distributed it around europe! So there is no way someone that you know in the usa received Eden Black from Stephen directly, I'm sorry to say. I wanted to bring this up so you had the right info.

Mark
By Nauz
carnigrower wrote:That's a shame about the dog knocking out over! This is very interesting as Stephen has never and I mean never sent Eden Black to the usa he has only distributed it around europe! So there is no way someone that you know in the usa received Eden Black from Stephen directly, I'm sorry to say. I wanted to bring this up so you had the right info.

Mark
Hey mark,

Thanks for the information, do you know Stephen personally? How do you know who I received my leaf pulls from? There is a few growers that do have it in cultivation in the usa, not sure on how they got them though.

Chris
By carnigrower
You're welcome! I don't know him well but I know him from cpuk and have bought eb x eb seeds from him in the past. I just assumed you got your leaf pulls from the usa as your there and also pyhtosanitery documents and import permits would be expensive especially for a leaf pull. I didn't say I know the person you got it from but I do know that Stephen has never sent it outside Europe, I asked him personally. He has a high profile job where if he did send plant material illegally to anywhere then he would lose that job! I know that some growers in the usa did receive eb x eb seed from Stephen then began to sell plants labelled as Eden Black rather than correctly described as eb x eb. Do you mind me asking who you received the Eden Black pull from, it might clear up the situation?

Mark
By Nauz
carnigrower wrote:You're welcome! I don't know him well but I kno.....

Mark
My source would rather stay anonymous, I did buy other plants otherwise leaf pulls like you said would be vary expensive.
By carnigrower
So you're saying you imported them legally from a European source? Why would this source want to stay anonymous if pyhyto permits were percured, if they're are able to send legally to the usa and have such facilities to get phyhto sorted, then there is massive market for genuine eb that they could corner, seems weird they would want it to be so hush hush?

Mark
By Smooter80
carnigrower wrote:So you're saying you imported them legally from a European source? Why would this source want to stay anonymous if pyhyto permits were percured, if they're are able to send legally to the usa and have such facilities to get phyhto sorted, then there is massive market for genuine eb that they could corner.

Mark
Relax man. Go to CPUK if you want to stir things up. You made it sound like you are best buddies with Stephen.

Eden Black has been in distribution since 2006. I've seen reputable dealers in Europe offering it for sale. It's extremely likely you could acquire the real cultivar in the US. I personally have 2 shipments of plants from Europe with all of the paperwork coming in next week.

There have been a lot of Eden Black X Eden Black seeds sold so I would be wary of ending up with one of those though.
By Nauz
It's the persons choice, but it's not that big of a deal the leaf pulls died.

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!