FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By gotasplinter
Good morning, I don’t currently have any Vft and unfortunately can’t find any locally at this time of year. To be honest not sure it would be the best time to buy one in the fall, should I wait until spring time? I have found them online eBay/Amazon but just don’t know. I’m a resident of Delaware so if anyone is wanting to part with a plant welcome to give me a shout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By gotasplinter
Fieldofscreams wrote:My preferred time is during dormancy.
thanks for your reply. If that’s the case I guess that opens up options I’ll keep looking

By SundewWolf
As long as temps aren't freezing I still order VFT's, Sarracenia, other cold hardy plants from well known online sources like flytrapstore, Cali. carnivores, sarr. northwest, eBay, etc.. Yes, they may be going dormant but they would do this naturally anyways so I don't really see any issue. Might as well get something while it's in stock and have it growing from day 1 of the next growing season.
By gotasplinter
Well I guess today was my lucky day, I went to Lowe’s for some electrical supplies and just happened to go to the plant section and there they sat
My first vft for $5. Once home I watered it with RO water and took it out of the plastic container and trimmed the dying leaves off of it. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, I would think it would be ok not to replant until spring? Ok to feed freshly killed flies out of the box, I’ll slowly introduce it into the best window with the most sun

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

He gets direct morning sun until noon/1pmish then […]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!