FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By Aozora
the last time someone had trouble with this moss i said that i'd love for some of that moss to grow around my plants, well i take it back. this sheet/star moss or whatever other kind of moss it might be, is taking over, its like a green star shaped alien invasion.

for most of the plants it doesnt really bother me because you can just rip it out of the ground, throw it away, burn is to crisps or just any other way you feel like getting rid of it.

but my problem is that its growing between my utricularia sandersonii, so i cant pull it out because i will destroy the plant by doing so. so is there any way to get rid of it without harming my sandersonii?
By Fishkeeper
You can get tweezers and pull individual bits of moss out if the invasion is just starting.

If not, drown it out. Ultrics like to be very wet, they're fine if you flood them. Submerge the pot entirely, and the moss should die off quickly enough.
Fishkeeper liked this
By Aozora
Fishkeeper wrote:You can get tweezers and pull individual bits of moss out if the invasion is just starting.

If not, drown it out. Ultrics like to be very wet, they're fine if you flood them. Submerge the pot entirely, and the moss should die off quickly enough.
do you have any idea for how long the pot needs to stay submerged? i'd hate to drown my sandersonii on accident :p

still growing, inside pitcher still looks OK hopin[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!