FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Sakaaaaa
So I have an idea but I need to ask you guys to see if it will work or not. I will do this in the future when I have everything set up.

So I will take a large plastic container and fill it with regular CP soil mix, perhaps 100% sphag

Next, I will take some small tropical CPs of various genuses, maybe drosera, heli, and utric and plant them inside the container

Now I will cover the top with live sphag to make it look nice and "natural" (maybe)

Will it work? I might try this with drosera-only forest first.
By Bhart90
I'm thinking of the same thing saka!

I had some assorted Mos come from Florida, neat stuff. And I'm going g to get in all I there and have some primiliflora and sunder in.
By tannerm
Of course it'll work :p but keep in mind the humidity requirements of plants like helis... also helis prefer a much more airy mix than just LFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Sakaaaaa
tannerm wrote:Of course it'll work :p but keep in mind the humidity requirements of plants like helis... also helis prefer a much more airy mix than just LFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll ad some perlite to the part where the heli will grow. It's pretty humid here
By Grey
It does really depend on the requirements of each plant, but I don't see for a moment why it couldn't work, as long as you researched your species beforehand (which I know you'd do anyway! :-D). Maybe some here can offer advice on which species would grow best together but, if you do go for it, I'd love to see how things progress.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!