FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Drone232
I accidentally did this. I have nothing against my sundews clumping, so I have gotten into the habit of just sowing around 50 seeds in the same container at a time. I recently purchased my first ever temperate sundew seeds (Drosera Rotundifolia) and only later realized that sowing them with Drosera Burmannii a few days ago was not a good idea. I was used to sowing tropicals together and forgot that these two would not mix come winter. I will have separate them by the time fall comesso it is not a complete or utter disaster. Just a great annoyance. Luckily, I think they'll look quite different from each other by then to be able to separate them accurately.
By beckhamlim24
Drone232 wrote:I accidentally did this. I have nothing against my sundews clumping, so I have gotten into the habit of just sowing around 50 seeds in the same container at a time. I recently purchased my first ever temperate sundew seeds (Drosera Rotundifolia) and only later realized that sowing them with Drosera Burmannii a few days ago was not a good idea. I was used to sowing tropicals together and forgot that these two would not mix come winter. I will have separate them by the time fall comesso it is not a complete or utter disaster. Just a great annoyance. Luckily, I think they'll look quite different from each other by then to be able to separate them accurately.
Did you stratify your D. Rotundifolia seeds?
By Drone232
I left the Drosera rotundifolia seeds outside on wet sphagnum for the month of Febuary. There were ten seeds and because the container was large and I knew that would be extra room, I added 30 Drosera burmannii seeds as soon as spring sprung. Nothing has germinated yet besides grass, but such was the same for when I first started gowing sundews from seeds half a year ago. Grass sprouts first and then as the weeks pass by the sundews will begin popping up.

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!