FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By katya_dog1
Might be worth a try. Apparently some people in Thailand and other native nep habitats believe that Nepenthes pitchers impart a taste that cannot be replicated otherwise (Dead bugs, anyone?)
By katya_dog1
Yes, but still. Crisp, fried mealworms that have been cleaned and cooked thoroughly is one thing, but flies and spiders in traps is quite another. I assume, however, that they are using pitchers just before they open.
By Grey
I believe one of our members, Daniel_G, tried this previously. I don't recall what he thought of it, mind. I'm sure sticky coconut rice is tasty if done right (I tried that once, minus the Nep pitchers, thank you! and I did not do a very good job)... but not sure if I'd have it out of a pitcher. That said... I think I'd be willing to try it.
By zarathustra4517
I've never ate a pitcher plant before...but I'm quite sure that I could cook one better that...keep the rice (wild & long grain) keep the coconut milk... add pork simmered in a decent curry...some Asian spicy chili's...sweet peppers, fried with garlic and a bit of ginger,rub the pitchers with a honey sweet and sour sauce bake slow and low. Saki and the one that you love. ; ). ..............z
By katya_dog1
Oh, wow... That description made my mouth water, z.
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!