FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By moof
Hi,
I've started a new vivarium concept for australian queennsland's sundews and Utricularia species. It's still unfinished, I've only planted some U.dichotoma and moss clumps for a start, I observe the conditions now. The humidity is high, up to 85% when the fan is turned off (I've placed one in the cover for a good air circulation), when turned on the humidity drops down to 70%. Two T5 neon lights, one Phillips aquarelle 4000K, the other one Phillips master 10000K, both 8W. I made the cover by myself, it's still unfinished. I'm waiting for the ordered plants to arrive and for a fogger i bought on the net. I'll post more pics when I'll put more plants inside. The water level is low - 2 inches, I want to put some Lesser Duckweed in it. Maybe it looks a bit like a paludarium because of that. I've put some LECA pellets under the peat to not let the peat to get too moist.
Attachments:
2.jpg
2.jpg (53.29 KiB) Viewed 6017 times
moof liked this
By ToadlyCool
Looks pretty sweet, give us an update when you get it setup :) Until now i never knew australia had any sundew or utricularia species, and upon looking up them i found out there were a few nepenthes species as well. They all occur around the region where i grew up too :)
By moof
That's great! I would like to see Australia one day, that's for sure.

I planted 3 Drosera prolifera, one D. adelae (all small plants), added a clump of U. calycifida, small clumps of U. uliginosa and U.uniflora. The U.dichotoma is doing well. I'll post more photos soon, I'm waiting for the plants to look nice:)

Oh yes, I putted U.australis in the water too.
By moof
Here's a small update on the plant's growth. I was forced to change the soil, as mold was developing on the peat, so I used live sphagnum and placed the plants inside in pots.

Drosera roraimae {Gran Sabana, GPS location}

Drosera prolifera:

Utricularia calycifida:

Sorry the photos are of bad quality, the neon light tubes give a photo-unfriendly light
By ReefPlant
Always wanted to setup a hexagon. I like the look Moof! Happy Growing!
Hope to see more!
By AmyJane
Wow great set up :) and i love the look of the Drosera proliferas too :) You should post some more pics ^^
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!