FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By camsdad66
Hi all,
I'm in southern central Louisiana, and we are in the expected path of hurricane Laura. Not the first or last time, been dealing with these storms all of my 54 years, part of life here. Anyways, figured i would move most of my taller and more prized plants under the carport rather than let them get waterlogged and beaten by possible 100 mph winds! Hopefully the house stays put!
I'll update y'all later.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Adriana, Matt liked this
By optique
Good luck, so far the worst for me was a hail storm put holes in all they tender spring growth. but a month later you wouldn't notice it =)
By camsdad66
Thanks for the nice comments everyone! Best wishes to anyone who will be affected by this storm. It looks like it's gonna be a monster, unfortunately. Latest info says it will be a Category 4 or 5 when it hits land. Stay safe!

Adriana liked this
By sanguinearocks101
camsdad66 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:45 pm Thanks for the nice comments everyone! Best wishes to anyone who will be affected by this storm. It looks like it's gonna be a monster, unfortunately. Latest info says it will be a Category 4 or 5 when it hits land. Stay safe!

If at all possible I would bring them inside. It’s better than them being blown away.
By Panman
As we are discussing hurricanes, I wanted to share this DIY hurricane alarm.
Hurricane Alert.jpg
Hurricane Alert.jpg (1020.2 KiB) Viewed 3587 times
By camsdad66
Lol....good one, Panman! Happy to say we came through it ok. Lots of wind, rain and big mess in the yard! And no power since early am. But still very lucky and blessed, could have been way worse! Southwestern part of Louisiana didn't fare as well, unfortunately. Thanks again for all the nice wishes! Us and our plants are fine!

Panman liked this
By Apollyon
camsdad66 wrote:Lol....good one, Panman! Happy to say we came through it ok. Lots of wind, rain and big mess in the yard! And no power since early am. But still very lucky and blessed, could have been way worse! Southwestern part of Louisiana didn't fare as well, unfortunately. Thanks again for all the nice wishes! Us and our plants are fine!
Glad to hear it, I thought about this post when I saw some of the damage. Hurricanes are no joke. Also from Florida. Luckily, that hurricane was a very small one. The gulf hurricanes are scary. They have a tendency to rapidly power up while out there. Katrina hit Florida as something like 1 or 2 before it recharged. It's good to hear you and your plants are safe!
By MikeB
I'm glad to hear that you came through the storm okay. I'm in North Carolina, and we're all too familiar with hurricanes. Isaias just plowed through here 3 weeks ago. It was only a Category 1 storm, but it spun up some tornadoes for company. To make the week complete, we had a magnitude 5.1 earthquake six days later.
By camsdad66
Wow! That's crazy! Glad y'all made it through all that ok. Earthquakes are about the only thing we DON'T have here! Kinda hard to have earthquakes in a swamp, I suppose!

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!