FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about your orchids and share photos of them here

Moderator: Matt

By Grey
Hey everyone,

I had one of my rare trips out today and we visited a garden centre. They had all sorts of stuff (including some AMAZING looking venus fly traps and even venus fly trap potting mixes!) but I was particularly drawn to the orchids display (I have a fair few venus fly trap seedlings right now). I've not owned an orchid before but my sister and mother do have a few themselves. I wanted to start with a small plant and picked one with a nametag displaying the name Phalaenopsis Kolibri. It's beautiful! The plant itself is potted in a small, clear plastic pot but that pot has been placed in a beautifully made autumn-leaf adorned resin pot. I'll probably remove it from the resin pot and find another use for it but for now I hope you enjoy the few photos I managed to get.

I do know the basic care routine for a phalaenopsis and am excited (albiet apprehensive) to be growing one myself. My windowsill gets a bit of direct sunlight so I will be moving the plant away from my window, it just let me get enough light to take some relatively decent photographs. Enjoy!

Please excuse the quality of the photos, my camera is tempermental at best and doesn't provide very clear photos but at least it works now! Woot!
By Daniel_G
Nice!
It looks to be growing amazingly with you! I hope to see pictures of more flowers soon!

:D
By stitz25b
looks good grey
i like how it fades from yellow to pink

I forgot to ask about my U. longifolia and pings ([…]

Do Long Summer Days Affect CPs?

Ok great! I had just wondered if they were at all […]

Drosera seeds in water?

Unfortunately, most of my experiments with Drosera[…]

That does look bad. Did you rinse the Moorland Gol[…]

Nothing died! lol Spring growth coming on strong[…]

is this normal for a d capensis?

It's been growing for about half a year now, and i[…]

Thank you!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!