I am looking at restarting my CP collection (between a new dog, chickens, university and a few years of neglect al my CP's died). I have also tried tissue culture at home before (growing potatoes) and that was reasonably successful. I figured I would try putting some CP's in tissue culture and repopulate my garden. I mainly interested in Dionaea, Drosera and Sarracenia varieties.
It has been a while since I last tried TC (~6 years) and am just about to place an order with PhytoTechnology. I am looking for some feedback on my order list (basically, have I overlooked anything). I have also added some growth regulators for experimentation, following this paper: http://sci-hub.tw/10.1023/A:1021203811457
The current order list:
- (M5531) 10L Murashige & Skoog Basal Medium with Vitamins & 1.0 g/L MES
- (K483) Kinetin Solution (1 mg/mL) 100 mL
- (I460) Indole-3-Butyric Acid Solution (1 mg/mL) 100 mL
- (B130) 6-BA Solution (1 mg/mL) 100 mL
- (C206) Cape Sundew/Venus Fly Trap Multiplication Medium 10 L
- (C2100) Culture Vessel, PTL-100™ 25 each
- (A111) Agar, Micropropagation Grade 100 g
I intend to dilute my MS media down to 1/2 or 1/3, I am a bit unsure on some terminology. Some recipes call for 1/3 MS with full vitamins, others say 1/3 MS with vitamins and others will just say 1/3 MS. If I buy MS with vitamins and dilute it 1/3, do i need to add more vitamins to bring it back to "full" vitamins? If so then would something like this be needed:
(M557) Murashige & Skoog Modified Vitamin Solution (1000x)
I am located in New Zealand, so shipping is pretty expensive. I want to avoid putting in a second order if I can.
Any help appreciated