FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Shimizoki
So I have about 20,000 unsorted magic cards that I am currently sorting. I divide all the cards up into the appropriate colors, then divide the colors up into spells and creatures. I have been doing this near nonstop for the past few days and I just noticed last night that my finger tips have been rubbed raw by the card edges.

In case you are wondering what 20,000 cards looks like, imagine 400 decks of cards lying in a straight line. Either way I thought I would let everyone know that i'm a pretty big nerd for having so many cards.
By Shimizoki
Alright so I just finished sorting all my cards and I thought I would upload a few pictures per Stitz's request. Each box contains about 4,000 cards, weighs 18 pounds and hold only 1 color. Between the 5 Boxes there is roughly 90 pounds of cards, and 2 small boxes that add another 5 or so pounds.

::All my cards::

::What a single box looks like::

::All stacked on top of each other::
By stitz25b
holy hell thats a lot of cards
sell for a bit on ebay u know
By Shimizoki
Yea, I actually bought the majority of them on ebay. My brother and all his friends play, when they get back from vacation I'll start selling them my cards. Make back the majority of my money. Then when I am done with them all, sell the remainders back on ebay. If all goes according to plan I should make a decent profit on the cards. If I don't decide to sell them back its no biggy. We make tons of decks, these cards make good filler.
By stitz25b
make a card gun so it fires them at people!
By Shimizoki
Heh, I'm already a decent card thrower... and these things are thick and heavy. A card flys far with a decent amount of momentum. Put welts on my brother from a few feet away with these babies.
By Shimizoki
dantt99 wrote:Sell them and buy a Ceph :D
bananaman wrote:That is an UNGODLY large amount of cards......
U should sell them and buy a cephalotus ;)
These cards will go for $250+ I could sell them and buy 8 cephs :P
By Shimizoki
Shes Crofty wrote:You wouldn't happen to have any interesting old dragon cards would you? I collect them.
wow... you are a nerd...
I'll take a peak, I know I saw a fair amount of drakes in the island... but it looks like you may be partial to mountain.
By David F
Just make good decks and sell them as whole, I think people would be interested in one-two punch type decks, if I played, I know I would, and add certain addons to each deck for extra cash that would be more epic creatures or whatever, and tell them why each card added to a specific deck is beneficial.
By Shimizoki
David F wrote:Just make good decks and sell them as whole, I think people would be interested in one-two punch type decks, if I played, I know I would, and add certain addons to each deck for extra cash that would be more epic creatures or whatever, and tell them why each card added to a specific deck is beneficial.
whoa... that's like work.
Last edited by Shimizoki on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!