FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By parker679
Here is a picture of a window planter filled with D. filiformis that I took around April 9th.

Here are a couple pictures I took yesterday. This is about 6 weeks of growth.

It's not just that they grow quickly either. There are about 50 seeds per flower, and 2 dozen flowers per stalk. When I look closely at the soil of this pot and my mini bog there are always dozens of babies growing. I love it. For whatever reason D. filiformis doesn't get the attention some of the other Drosera get, but it is a beautiful and hardy plant.
parker679, parker679 liked this
By jwbates26
I've been watching this topic since you posted it. I agree. I love D. filiformis and think it gets over looked. Yours looks great. I need to get a typical green one though. I really like the contrast of the green and red varieties next to each other. Great pictures.
By parker679
jwbates26 wrote:I've been watching this topic since you posted it. I agree. I love D. filiformis and think it gets over looked. Yours looks great. I need to get a typical green one though. I really like the contrast of the green and red varieties next to each other. Great pictures.
Thanks. It's funny because the only one I bought was the green one that is in my mini bog. I got it a few years ago in spring and just before dormancy I set up my mini bog and moved everything there. When dormancy broke the next year there were dozens of baby red ones growing, I can only assume that there were some seeds in the soil with the green filiformis. I have the occasional green one that pops up but by and large the majority of new growth is the red form.

This year I collected seed for the first time, I'm thinking of getting a large tray and filling it with soil to try and grow a field of them.

In case anyone is curious here is the post I made when I first noticed the new growth.

Argh! We have a run-off! For the next 24 hours, vo[…]

https://i.imgur.com/96fbvFf.jpeg

New donation, new location

I'd like to thank Aquis31 for his latest donation.[…]

New donation

I'd like to thank ChelleB1005 for her latest donat[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1654. I'll PM[…]

So I got myself two different N. ventricosa 'Porce[…]

Updated pictures I took today, it's been ~6-7 mont[…]

New donation

Also, thank you Panman for donating envelopes. I'd[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!