FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
Based on the red coloration I would say that light level is good. Growing off to one side is how the plant would grow normally. It is building a rhizome and grows from one end.
By Panman
I always protect my seedlings from full direct sun until they have some size on them. You shouldn't be having any pitchers turning brown at this point.
elaineo liked this
By Panman
My seedlings seemed to put on a burst of growth after I repotted them into straight sphagnum and gave them some more room. @ChefDean said that he has had similar results. It might be worth a try to divide one of the pots up.
elaineo liked this
By elaineo
Panman wrote:My seedlings seemed to put on a burst of growth after I repotted them into straight sphagnum and gave them some more room. @ChefDean said that he has had similar results. It might be worth a try to divide one of the pots up.
Mine are in live sphag. do you think it could be too hot for them here? Purps are cold weather plants, right?
By MikeB
elaineo wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:55 am Mine are in live sphag. do you think it could be too hot for them here? Purps are cold weather plants, right?
Are your seedlings subspecies purpurea (northern) or subspecies venosa (southern)? The southern plants certainly aren't getting anything that resembles cool weather now, and won't until October. Check out the 10-day weather forecast for Wilmington, North Carolina.

Try giving the seedlings direct sun from dawn until around 1 PM, then indirect light afterward. That will keep them out of the hot, late-afternoon sun.
elaineo liked this

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!