FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Seems like it's been forever since I've seen a mature Cephalotus pitcher (I got rid of all of mine). Our Cephs usually sell before we can get them to produce their first adult pitchers. But we have a few right now that are looking really nice and producing mature pitchers. We're shipping 2 young adults out today and potted up a third. If someone orders it within the next couple of days, this is the one they'll get:
young adult cephalotus.jpg
young adult cephalotus.jpg (932.63 KiB) Viewed 4325 times
young adult cephalotus2.jpg
young adult cephalotus2.jpg (648.28 KiB) Viewed 4303 times
Can be purchased here: http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/cephal ... llicularis
Matt liked this
By boarderlib
No no no. I didn't see this. Matt, you make it almost impossible to keep a credit card in the wallet. Beautiful plant!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By velociTraptor
Wow that is an absolutely beautiful plant! If that's not bought already, I'm seriously considering picking that baby up. Being new to CP's I'm not all that familiar with the care needed for Cephs.

Live simply so that others may simply live.
By xr280xr
Is this one of your same two clones from a couple years ago? Mine are never all green like that. Looks kind of cool!
By Matt
velociTraptor wrote:Being new to CP's I'm not all that familiar with the care needed for Cephs.
They're pretty easy to grow. Just keep the soil damp and give them decent light (they can get by with less than flytraps) and they do well in my experience.
xr280xr wrote:Is this one of your same two clones from a couple years ago? Mine are never all green like that. Looks kind of cool!
Yeah, it should be the same clone, as I have continued propagating the same plants in TC. They won't stay all green for long. They're hitting a growth burst right now (I've been fertilizing them for several months now and they're really taking off). Once the foliage gets established, it will start coloring up. Another plant in the same batch that was ahead of this one was already starting to get some color to the pitchers.
Matt liked this
By velociTraptor
Matt wrote:
velociTraptor wrote:Being new to CP's I'm not all that familiar with the care needed for Cephs.
They're pretty easy to grow. Just keep the soil damp and give them decent light (they can get by with less than flytraps) and they do well in my experience.
Awesome! Just placed an order haha ImageImage

By velociTraptor
So seeing as these are native to Australia, do they enter a state of dormancy as well?

By velociTraptor
HeliamphoraWalnut wrote:Ive had cephs and they never go into dormancy...since they're from Western Australia
Which leads me into my next question. Being from Connecticut and having harsh winters, what would be the next best approach for them over the winter months. Indoors under a grow light or on a sufficient windowsill?

By Nauz
Dormancy is not required, but some people do keep some plants out in winter. You can always do a google search and check it out for your self. I wouldn't wanna subject my indoor plants to anything under 50F though.
By xr280xr
I keep mine in the garage with my VFTs for dormancy where it dips down to freezing on the coldest nights and they love it. They always look their best by the end of January.

i can order stuff online but ive already repotted […]

What's the plant name? It look like a mutant varie[…]

Watering my Venus Flytrap

Hi, I can't buy Distilled water and have no rain[…]

Watering my Venus Flytrap

Check your water with a tds meter. Without that i[…]

One week into our contest, and here are the standi[…]

For you? It's any size pot you like. Just use […]

Input on Neps placement

That sounds perfect. I've got to adjust my plant[…]

This is a good read about light requirements of ca[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!