FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By CN-
allenc666 wrote:Yeah but, CPs are different in a way. Some of my Nepenthes I never fed them and they're still going.
plantlover wrote:. CPs do not need food, they just evolved so they can grow bigger and healthier.
:roll:
By Aging_Bourbon
Well I think that they get their energy mostly from the Electromagnetic radiation frequency we know as "Visible Light"
By CN-
allenc666 wrote:Well I think that they get their energy mostly from the Electromagnetic radiation frequency we know as "Visible Light"
I Understand Photosynthesis ........
But what you are saying is that Photosynthesis is the primary Macronutrients ... Correct ?

An that is True but they still Need the insect for the additional Nitrogen source.
By Aging_Bourbon
CN- wrote:I Understand Photosynthesis ........
But what you are saying is that Photosynthesis is the primary Macronutrients ... Correct ?

An that is True but they still Need the insect for the additional Nitrogen source.
It's kinda hard to explain. Not, really the primary source, over the years they evolved to live in low nutrient conditions. That's what I'm saying, but feeding them is very much optional man. But, they can go on without eating but they tend to grow a wee bit slower. But if you're gonna feed them, feed them live insects so it make it ever more funner to watch them Suffer! :twisted: Lol.

Photosynthesis is wonderful! without we wouldn't be here. The wonders of energy (never being lost, but only transferred).
By CN-
OK So I see we have an understanding ;)
8-)

Daren
By Aging_Bourbon
Very much of an understanding Lol.
By kittyklaws
allenc666 wrote: The wonders of energy (never being lost, but only transferred).
:?: ? Umm...I'd like to argue that. I know I'm just this little kid and you're a scientist or whatever, but energy is lost in a sense, because it dissipates in a form so we can no longer harness it.
Take an exothermic reaction like setting something on fire,for example: during the reaction, energy is put in, but the product has a lower energy level than the reactant because that difference in the energy was given off as heat. You can't reuse that pile of ashes the same way like the thing that it was before. It can only go lower and lower in energy level with each reaction.
And the same is seen in the food chain as can be seen in the energy pyramid. Less and less energy is taken in at each level because the energy is given off as heat. so in a way, that energy is lost because it cannot be put back or "transferred" back into the cycle. If it could, than we wouldn't be having this whole Global Food/Energy crisis lol.The Nutrients recycle, but energy can only go in one direction. Am I wrong? If so, please correct me.
By CN-
:o
Did He or she ...... :shock: ..........I Think You did ........ :oops:

Wow that was fa nominal Bravo
By kittyklaws
lol thanks :) , i'm a little rusty on my chemistry hehe :oops:
I'm waiting for your reponse allen, you are the scientist ;)
By Aging_Bourbon
wow.. she just wants to argue.. But Energy is never lost it's only transferred into other forms of energy. Like your so called fire it's transferred into thermal energy and into matter ash.

I think we're getting a little off topic here lets move this to chit chat
By kittyklaws
Ok YOUR ON! we can resume round 2 in the chit chat section! :lol: c u there..unless you're chicken hehehe lol jkjk :lol:
By PitcherCrab
Today I noticed there is something that looks like black smudges on some of the leaves. You can kinda see it in some of the pictures of the plant. When I rub my finger on them they don't come off. Has anybody had anything like this with their Nepenthes before? Is it something I should be worried about?
By Aging_Bourbon
PitcherCrab wrote:Today I noticed there is something that looks like black smudges on some of the leaves. You can kinda see it in some of the pictures of the plant. When I rub my finger on them they don't come off. Has anybody had anything like this with their Nepenthes before? Is it something I should be worried about?
could you take better pictures of them?
By PitcherCrab
The smudges only seem to be on the larger older leaves. The new growth on the top of the plant looks very green and healthy. What do you guys think?
Attachments:
IMG_0045.JPG
IMG_0045.JPG (41.05 KiB) Viewed 6068 times
IMG_0044.JPG
IMG_0044.JPG (41.29 KiB) Viewed 6068 times
IMG_0043.JPG
IMG_0043.JPG (46.8 KiB) Viewed 6068 times
IMG_0041.JPG
IMG_0041.JPG (44.03 KiB) Viewed 6068 times
Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!