FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By iamjacksplants
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone is growing Utricularia 'jitka' - quelchii x praetermissa? I'm looking specifically for what temps, light levels and how 'wet' is working well.

I was told by the grower I received it from to "just treat it like U. alpina. Hanging baskets so it doesn't get soggy. The tips of the leaves seem to yellow easy."

I'm starting to get the feeling it wants to be a little cooler, slightly drier and maybe not quite as bright as I'm keeping my U. alpina, but I'm not sure. I've only had it for a couple weeks, so maybe it's still recovering from shipping but the other plants (3 other orchiodies) from the same shipment are all putting out new growth. Anyhow I'm reluctant to change a bunch of conditions at the same time especially if it's still trying to recover so I was hoping to get some input on what is working for this plant for others before I decide what to change.

Thanks in advance,
-@

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!